Did you know February 27 is International Polar Bear Day? In celebration, I’ve put together a collection of 25 free polar bear patterns that are sure to delight you. This collection includes 18 free crochet patterns and 7 free knitting patterns. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
International Polar Bear Day is an annual event to raise awareness of polar bear habitat conservation issues. Right now, the polar bears are supposed to be snug in their dens, hibernating, so it’s the perfect time to make sure their environment is healthy and safe for when the families emerge in the spring. You can learn more about polar bears and International Polar Bear Day at Polar Bears International. As I mentioned during my roundup for Squirrel Appreciation Day, for 2021 I’m focusing on celebrating more! To celebrate polar bears, I’ve put together this roundup of free crochet and knitting patterns for amigurumi and softies, blankets, cozies, and accessories and garments for children and adults.
18 Polar Bear Crochet Patterns
These adorable polar bear crochet patterns include softies and amigurumi, blankets, cozies, and more!
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Amigurumi Polar Bear by Underground Crafter: This lovable softie is small enough to be a pocket pal or to transform into an ornament.
- Peppermint the Polar Bear by Crystalized Designs: This large and huggable “teddy bear” style polar bear softie pattern includes a scarf.
- Alexei the Polar Bear by The Blue Elephants: This adorable amigurumi polar bear pattern includes a cozy scarf.
- Parker the Polar Bear by Yarn Society: This little bear is crocheted with bulky yarn.
- Peyton the Polar Bear by Sweet Softies via AllFreeCrochet: This kawaii amigurumi bear is crocheted with multicolor yarn.
- Polar Bear via Lion Brand: This amigurumi pattern is available as a free PDF download or as part of a yarn and crochet pattern kit.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Polar Bear and Penguin C2C Graphghan Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home: This adorable graphic blanket includes links to corner-to-corner crochet tutorials.
- Plaid Polar Bear Blanket by Repeat Crafter Me: This cute blanket is embellished with pom poms.
- Polar Bear C2C Square by My Hobby is Crochet: This pattern is part of the Wildlife Graphghan with 20 different animal square patterns.
- Polar Bear Cub C2C Blanket by Repeat Crafter Me: This pattern makes an adorable winter-themed baby blanket.
- Let It Snow Blanket by Lovable Loops via AllFreeCrochet: This corner-to-corner crochet blanket pattern makes a throw.
- Polar Bear Bottle Cozy by Love Life Yarn: This cozy is designed for wine bottles and makes a great gift for any polar bear lover.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Polar Bear Ornament by The Loopy Lamb: This cuddly ornament is made using a faux fur yarn.
- Polar Bear Pal by Underground Crafter: This pouty rectangular softie is large enough to hug, or turn around to use the back as a reading pillow.
- Polar Bear Cup Cozy by YARNutopia: This pattern makes a great last-minute gift and includes a video tutorial.
- Polar Bear Hat by Yarn + Chai: The 6-12 month version of this cuddly earflap hat is available as a free pattern.
- Arctic Cardigan by My Hobby is Crochet: This striped, button cardigan pattern is designed to fit a 0-3 month old baby.
- Huber the Polar Bear by Picot Pals via AllFreeCrochet: This adorable amigurumi character has a striped shirt and a beret.
7 Polar Bear Knitting Patterns
These polar bear knitting patterns include children’s clothing and accessories, softies, and even a women’s sweater.
Shown from left to right:
- Polar Bear Mittens by Love Life Yarn: These cute mittens fit children with 4.5” hand circumference.
- Polar Bear Hat by Little Red Window: The 6-month size of this adorable beanie pattern is available for free.
- Polar Bear Sweater by Love Life Yarn: This gender-neutral pullover pattern is available in 4 infant and toddler sizes from 6 months through 24 months.
- Polar Bear Sweater via Cygnet Yarns: This cute children’s pullover with a polar bear wearing a scarf is available as a free PDF pattern and is in 5 sizes from 12-18 months through 4-5 years.
- Polar Bear by Knits by Sachi via Cut Out and Keep: This amigurumi polar bear pattern is excerpted from Mini Knitted Safari: 27 Tiny Animals to Knit.
- Polar Bear by MK Crochet & Knits: This huggable pattern is available with a complete video class as part of a Creativebug free trial.
- Bear Hug via DROPS Design: This pullover pattern is available in 6 adult sizes from XS through XXL.
Looking for more bear inspiration? Check out these 8 free crochet patterns for teddy bears!