We’ve come to the end of the fourth week of our third annual Christmas in July Make Along, which means it must be time for a roundup! Today I’m sharing over 20 free homemade gift ideas for home. This roundup includes crochet, knitting patterns, and sewing patterns for blankets, pillows, and more to decorate your own home or that of anyone on your handmade holiday gift list.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
20+ Homemade Gift Ideas for Home
Are you ready to start making gifts for the homemade holidays? Today’s roundup includes 20+ free crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for handmade gift ideas for the home. You can use these projects to decorate your own place for the holidays, or to gift to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Find your next project in this collection of pillows, blankets, and more for the home!
This pattern is part of the Christmas in July Make Along, with 31 days of free crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns and crafts tutorials by 27 bloggers, along with your chance to win a prize from one of our favorite companies — AndeanSun Yarns, Clover USA, Crosscut Sewing Co., Eucalan, Hooked for Life, Hummingbird Lane Fabrics, Knitter’s Pride, and Kraemer Yarns. Get all the Christmas in July Make Along details here and don’t forget to enter the giveaway by Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
Join the Christmas in July Make Along
- Sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter to get updates with included patterns throughout the Make Along.
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, sewing, or making the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2021 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crafters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
12 Crochet Patterns
These 12 free crochet patterns for home include decorations, pillows, blankets, a bedrunner, and a potholder.
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Valentina Bed Runner by Blue Star Crochet: This bed runner can add a pop of color to any room and is much faster to crochet than a blanket!
- Reindeer Potholder by Raffamusa Designs: This is one of many cute Christmas potholders available from Raffamusa Designs.
- Plush Shag Pillow by Underground Crafter: This cozy, textured pillow pattern includes a video tutorial for the special stitch.
- Advent Calendar Pillow by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts: This Santa-themed pillow can be used to count down the days until Christmas.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Holly Christmas Angel by Oombawka Design Crochet: This is one of many free crochet angel patterns by Oombawka Design.
- Christmas Tree by Nana’s Crafty Home: The pattern for these table top trees can be easily customized to your preferred size.
- Rose Pillow Cover by Fosbas Designs: This decorative pillow cover makes a great gift for your favorite “green thumb.”
- Santa and Elf Pillow by Posh Pooch Designs: This pattern includes video tutorials.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Cassette Afghan by Coco Crochet Lee for WeCrochet: This retro blanket is a great gift for a music lover or anyone nostalgic for late twentieth century technology.
- Sandstone Throw by Rich Textures Crochet: This blanket works up faster in bulky yarn and includes a video tutorial.
- Litrik Pillow Cover by Pattern Paradise: This multi-color pillow pattern includes a tutorial for the special stitches.
- Diamond Quilt C2C Graphghan by Moogly: This colorful blanket pattern includes written and charted instructions.
5 Knitting Patterns
These 5 free knitting patterns for home include a candle cozy, a stocking, 2 blankets, and a mug rug. Shown from left to right.
- Snowflake Candle Cozy by A Box of Twine: This beginner-friendly stranded colorwork pattern makes a great gift when paired with scented or handmade candles.
- Love Light Gleams Stocking by Marly Bird: This pattern will be released as part of a Stocking Make Along.
- Moonstone Plaid Blanket by Two of Wands: This beginner-friendly throw pattern can be easily customized with different colors to fit any home.
- Geometric Eyelet Throw by SeeLoveShare: This pattern links to a video tutorial for the special stitch.
- Holiday Mug Rugs by Briana K Designs: This pattern includes 3 different options for holiday-themed mug rugs.
3 Sewing Patterns
3 Sewing Patterns
These free sewing patterns for home include a tablet holder, pin cushion, and pillow. Shown from left to right.
- Easy Beanbag Tablet Holder by Creatively Beth: This simple sewing pattern makes a great gift for kids, teens, and adults.
- Faux Quilted Stenciled Pin Cushion by Ann Butler: This multi-craft project makes a great gift for your favorite sewist or quilter.
- Rag Pillow by Inspired Quilting by Lea Louise: This simple sewing project is a great way to use up scrap fabric.
Still looking for more homemade gift idea inspiration? Check out these roundups for even more handmade gift ideas for home!