Welcome to Week 9 of the Mélange Blanket mystery crochet along with Underground Crafter! This week’s pattern is the Vintage Memories Square by Blankets with Heart.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for this project were generously provided by King Cole and Denise Interchangeables.
Join the Mélange Blanket Mystery Crochet Along!
- Learn more about the CAL (and enter the giveaway for your chance to win a one of five great prizes from babé crochet co., Denise Interchangeables, GlassEyesOnline, King Cole, and Knitter’s Relief Balm by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 22, 2023) in this blog post.
- You can join in by crocheting along with each square of this blanket as you have time.
- Sign up for my newsletter here so you never miss a clue!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal on all social media. You can also tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group or follow Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have 48 beautiful squares you can put together into a beautiful blanket.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Mélange Blanket Square 9: Vintage Memories Square
Our ninth square pattern is the Vintage Memories Square by Blankets with Heart. You can find Lindsey online at Instagram | Ravelry | YouTube
Lindsey and I used the same yarn – King Cole Big Value Aran (available through your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK) – for our versions, but she used two colors and I used three. I also used my Denise US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook for my version so I can keep consistent gauge across all my squares.
For my version of the Vintage Memories Square, I used Nougat as Color A, Berry for Round 3, and changed to Ocean at the end of Round 4 for Round 5. My square was exactly the right size at the end of Round 6, so apparently Lindsey and I have very similar gauge! I lightly spray blocked the square. (If you’re new to blocking, check out Blocking Basics for Crocheters and Knitters.)
Head over to Blankets with Heart and get the free crochet pattern for the Vintage Memories Square here. Don’t forget to share your version online using #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal as hashtags.Tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures, or share your pictures in the Underground Crafters Facebook group or in the Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.