Welcome to Week 10 of the Mélange Blanket mystery crochet along with Underground Crafter! This week’s pattern is the Artichoke Flower Square by Raffamusa Designs.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for this project were generously provided by King Cole and Denise Interchangeables.
Join the Mélange Blanket Mystery Crochet Along!
- Learn more about the CAL (and enter the giveaway for your chance to win a one of five great prizes from babé crochet co., Denise Interchangeables, GlassEyesOnline, King Cole, and Knitter’s Relief Balm by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 22, 2023) in this blog post.
- You can join in by crocheting along with each square of this blanket as you have time.
- Sign up for my newsletter here so you never miss a clue!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal on all social media. You can also tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group or follow Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have 48 beautiful squares you can put together into a beautiful blanket.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Mélange Blanket Square 10: Artichoke Flower Square
Our tenth square pattern is the Artichoke Flower Square by Raffamusa Designs. You can find Raffaella online at Etsy | Facebook | Instagram | LoveCrafts | Pinterest | Ravelry | YouTube
Raffaella made two versions of the Artichoke Flower Square, including the one color version in King Cole Big Value Aran, which is the same yarn I used for my version. Big Value Aran is available through your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK. I also used my Denise US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook for my version so I can keep consistent gauge across all my squares.
For my version of the Artichoke Flower Square, I used Nougat from the MC to the first color change, Ocean to the second color change, Berry to the third color change, and then Nougat for the rest of the square. My square was exactly the right size at the end of Round 10, and I lightly spray blocked the square. (If you’re new to blocking, check out Blocking Basics for Crocheters and Knitters.)
Head over to Raffamusa Designs and get the free crochet pattern for the Artichoke Flower Square here. Don’t forget to share your version online using #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal as hashtags.Tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures, or share your pictures in the Underground Crafters Facebook group or in the Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.