I’m sharing the second of five weekly roundups including handmade gift ideas as part of the fifth annual Christmas in July Make Along! Last week’s theme was gift ideas for women, and this collection includes 12 crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for garments and accessories, along with 68 more ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
To join the Christmas in July Make Along:
- Sign up for Christmas in July Make Along Along updates and the Underground Crafter newsletter to get regular updates, including an update as each pattern is released. When you sign up, you’ll also get access to my subscriber vault which includes exclusive free PDF patterns, a coupon code for your choice of any crochet or knitting pattern or ebook from my Ravelry shop, and coupon codes from other indie designers and crafts businesses.
- Visit this blog post for links to each pattern as it goes live, and to enter the giveaway by Friday, August 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern for your chance to win one of nine prizes from Eucalan, Fox & Pine Stitches, GlassEyesOnline, Hartiful, KennyClayCo, KnitPal, Knitter’s Relief Balm, Search Press North America, and seashellcrafter.
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, sewing, or making the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2023 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crafters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- If you need more handmade holiday inspiration, check out the weekly roundups with even more free patterns for gift ideas.
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
12+ Free Handmade Gift Ideas for Women
This week’s theme for the Christmas in July Make Along is Women. It’s never too early to get a jump start on the handmade holidays! Today’s roundup includes 12+ free crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for handmade gift ideas for women. Find your next project in this collection of garments and accessories for women!
5 Crochet Patterns
These five free crochet patterns for women include a headband, scarves, a bag, and a poncho.
- Aurora Headband Earwarmer by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This pattern is available in 4 sizes from teen through adult large and makes a great stocking stuffer!
- Peppermint Stripe Scarf by Straight Hooked: This fringed “skinny scarf” can be worked up in alternative color combinations for different looks.
- Frilly Gingham Bag by Crafty Kitty Crochet: This fun checked bag pattern can be worn as a crossbody bag or as a single-strap backpack.
- Quick and Easy Holiday Infinity Scarf by Raji’s Craft Hobby: This textured scarf pattern includes a video tutorial.
4 Knitting Patterns
These four free knitting patterns for women include a bag, a sweater, a hat (with additional sizes for the rest of the family), and a cardigan.
- Stash-Busting Zipper Bag by Our Daily Craft: This simple pattern is a great way to use up yarn scraps!
- Breakfast in Bed Sweater by Christine Boggis: This top-down sweater is knit in the round. Lace panels and bishop sleeves add a cozy look. Available in 4 sizes.
- Parliament of Owls Hats by Stana’s Critters: This cute earflap hat pattern is available in 5 child and adult sizes.
- Chloe Cardigan via Lion Brand: This top-down, one-piece knit pattern is available in 5 sizes.
3 Sewing Patterns
These three free sewing patterns for women include a bag, slippers, and a half apron.
- Leather Tote Bag by Fleece Fun: This pattern using faux leather includes a very detailed photo tutorial.
- Slippers by Heather Handmade: This pattern includes both photo and video tutorials.
- Strawberry Cream Tiered Apron by Hooked for Life: This half-apron is a one yard wonder. A perfect gift for your favorite home cook or crafter!
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? Check out these roundups for 68 more handmade gift ideas for women!