I’m sharing the fourth of five weekly roundups including handmade gift ideas as part of the fifth annual Christmas in July Make Along! Last week’s theme was gift ideas for the home, and this collection includes 12 crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for projects for the home, including gift ideas for year round and holiday decorations!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
To join the Christmas in July Make Along:
- Sign up for Christmas in July Make Along Along updates and the Underground Crafter newsletter to get regular updates, including an update as each pattern is released. When you sign up, you’ll also get access to my subscriber vault which includes exclusive free PDF patterns, a coupon code for your choice of any crochet or knitting pattern or ebook from my Ravelry shop, and coupon codes from other indie designers and crafts businesses.
- Visit this blog post for links to each pattern as it goes live, and to enter the giveaway by Friday, August 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern for your chance to win one of nine prizes from Eucalan, Fox & Pine Stitches, GlassEyesOnline, Hartiful, KennyClayCo, KnitPal, Knitter’s Relief Balm, Search Press North America, and seashellcrafter.
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, sewing, or making the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2023 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crafters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- If you need more handmade holiday inspiration, check out the weekly roundups with even more free patterns for gift ideas.
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
12+ Free Handmade Gift Ideas for Home
This week’s theme for the Christmas in July Make Along is gifts for the home. It’s never too early to get a jump start on the handmade holidays! Today’s roundup includes 12+ free crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for handmade gift ideas for the home. Find your next project in this collection of garments and accessories for the home, including baskets and blankets, cozies, ornaments, wall hangings and table runners, and more!
6 Crochet Patterns
These six free crochet patterns for the home include a tea cozy, towel hangers, blankets, a basket, and a reusable Christmas cracker.
- Rustic Tea Cozy by Carroway Crochet: This pattern is ideal for recipients with a cottagecore aesthetic and includes a video tutorial.
- Joy to the World Plaid Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home: This pattern combines two trendy techniques – tapestry crochet and crochet plaid – to make an eye-catching gift.
- Bavarian Stitch Towel Hangers by Blackstone Designs: This last-minute gift project is a great way to learn a new-to-you stitch while using up yarn scraps.
- Festive Christmas Cracker by The Loopy Lamb: This reusable Christmas cracker pattern includes a list of ideas for what to put inside.
- Rainbow Granny Blanket by Raffamusa Designs: This crochet along style pattern includes 12 variations on the classic granny square to make a decorative throw.
- Claire Basket by Divine Debris: This pattern works up quickly in bulky yarn. You can also purchase a yarn + pattern kit from Lion Brand here.
3 Knitting Patterns
These three free knitting patterns for the home include a mug rug, decorative gnomes, and a blanket.
- Rustic Mug Rug by ChristaCoDesign: This textured mug rug is great for using up scrap yarn. Includes a video tutorial.
- Rainbow Gnomes by Frankie Brown: These little gnomes are a great way to use up scrap yarn and bring a festive look to holiday celebrations.
3 Sewing Patterns
These three free sewing patterns for the home include a table runner, a wall hanging, and ornaments.
- Reversible Table Runner by Hooked for Life: This simple sewing project works up quickly using pre-cut fabric strips.
- Snowman Wall Hanging by Quilting Room with Mel: This beginner-friendly sewing project will add a touch of whimsy to any room. Includes a video tutorial.
- Felt House Ornament by Swoodson Says: This simple ornament pattern is easy to customize. Use hand embroidery or a font stitch on your sewing machine!
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? Check out these roundups for 60 more handmade gift ideas for home!
- 35+ Handmade Gift Ideas for Home, including crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns
- Third Annual Cozy at Home Crochet Along, including 10 crochet patterns
- 15+ Half Square Triangle Blocks and Quilt Patterns, including sewing patterns for a pillow, quilt, and quilt blocks