Today’s Granny Square Month post is a roundup of 9 free crochet patterns for circles. Many crochet motifs start out as circles but transform into squares or hexagons. These patterns remain circles for their entire lives! I’ve rounded up projects that include earrings, coasters, trivets and hot pads, washcloths, and decorative mandalas. If you’re in the mood for something circular, check out these 9 free crochet patterns! I’ve also include 4 crochet books that feature circle patterns at the end of this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and are used with permission.
9 Free Crochet Circle Patterns
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- Reinventing the Wheel by StitchesNScraps: This trivet (or washcloth) pattern uses linked double crochet for a dense, textured project.
- Mandala with Tulips by Crochet for You: This mandala can be used as a wall decoration, coaster, or hot pad.
- Wobbly Circles Blanket by Tw-In Stitches: This pattern is part of a series of Wobbly blankets in different shapes.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Lacy Hoop Earrings by The Purple Poncho: This motif pattern includes a photo tutorial for setting up the earrings.
- Little Dots Coaster by Underground Crafter: This quick pattern includes a roundup with 17 more free patterns in white.
- King Protea Mandala by Look at What I Made: This beautiful mandala is inspired by the flowering plant.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Spring Blooms Coaster by The Unraveled Mitten: These coasters are companions to the May Flowers Granny Square.
- Meadowlark Coasters by Hopeful Honey: These colorful coasters add a great crochet accent to any home.
- Sigmund Washcloth by Snappy Tots: This cute character washcloth pattern includes a photo tutorial for the loop stitch.
Need more circle motif inspiration? Here are four great books that include circle (or circle-to-square) motif patterns:
- Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes by Edie Eckman. You can read my review here in a roundup of 10 granny square books.
- Granny Squares and Shapes: 20 Crochet Projects for You and Your Home by Susan “Sue” Pinner: You can read my review here and get a free pattern excerpt from the book for the Triangle Lap Blanket.
- Rainbow Crocheted Afghans: A Block-by-Block Guide to Creating 10 Colorful Blankets and Throws by Amanda Perkins. You can read my review here and check out more patterns by Amanda here.
- Learn to Crochet Circles Into Squares by Candi Jensen and Heather Vantress. You can read my review here.