Pia from Stitches n Scraps and I are so happy to kick off the Christmas in July Crochet Along! We’ve teamed up with 14 other designers to bring you 16 free crochet patterns for winter holiday gifts and decorations. Not only will this help you to get a head start on your handmade holiday gifts, but you can also enter to win some wonderful prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
Read on for details, including:
- How the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along works,
- How to join the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along,
- 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along schedule,
- 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along prizes, and
- How to enter the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along end-of-CAL giveaways.
How the 2018 Christmas in July CAL Works
Pia from Stitches n Scraps and I have teamed up with 14 crochet designers to bring you a month full of patterns to kick start the handmade holiday season. Each week will have a theme.
- Week 1 (July 2-6): Babies, Kids, and Teens
- Week 2 (July 9-13): Home
- Week 3 (July 16-20): Women
- Week 4 (July 23-27): Men
- Week 5 (July 30-31): Roundup of Roundups and End-of-CAL giveaway
During Weeks 1-4, new patterns will be released from Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, visit Stitches n Scraps and Underground Crafter for even more gift ideas and to learn more about great end-of-CAL giveaway prizes from Page Street Publishing, Global Backyard Industries, LoveCrochet, and Akerworks.
Share your completed project pictures here by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 to enter for your chance to win!
How To Join the 2018 Christmas in July CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CrochetChristmasInJuly on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Scrappy Stitchers and Underground Crafters Facebook groups or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 16 awesome projects. Get ready for the holiday season while having fun with us!
- Share this image on your Ravelry project page or elsewhere on social media. Right click to save.
Read on to learn more about the prizes, enter the end-of-CAL giveaway, and to get links to each Christmas in July CAL pattern as it is released.
2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along Schedule
Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers so you get first notification of new patterns. These links will be updated throughout the CAL to direct you to the patterns. Each pattern will also be shared in the Scrappy Stitchers and Underground Crafters Facebook groups and this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
Week 1 (July 2-6): Gifts for Babies, Kids, and Teens
- July 2: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- July 3: Pattern 2 by Goddess Crochet
- July 4: Pattern 3 by Creative Crochet Workshop.
- July 5: Pattern 4 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- July 6: Stitches n Scraps and Underground Crafter roundups with spotlight on giveaway prize from Page Street Publishing.
Week 2 (July 9-13): Gifts and Decorations for Home
- July 9: Pattern 5 by Crochet Memories
- July 10: Pattern 6 by Pattern Paradise
- July 11: Pattern 7 by Stitches n Scraps
- July 12: Pattern 8 by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts
- July 13: Stitches n Scraps and Underground Crafter roundup with spotlight on giveaway prize from Global Backyard Industries.
Week 3 (July 16-20): Gifts for Women
- July 16: Pattern 9 by Oombawka Design
- Show your support by following Rhondda on Craftsy | Etsy | Facebook| Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube
- Get the pattern for the Beach Pebbles Hat
July 17: Pattern 10 by Salty Pearl Crochet
- July 18: Pattern 11 by Sweet Potato 3
- July 19: Pattern 12 by Jessie At Home
- July 20: Stitches n Scraps and Underground Crafter roundup with spotlight on giveaway prize from LoveCrochet.
Week 4 (July 23-27): Gifts for Men
- July 23: Pattern 13 by Hooked for Life
- July 24: Pattern 14 by Crochet for You
- July 25: Pattern 15 by EyeLoveKnots
- July 26: Pattern 16 by Linda Dean Crochet
- July 27: Stitches n Scraps and Underground Crafter roundup with spotlight on giveaway prizes from Akerworks.
Week 5 (July 30-31): Wrap Up and Giveaways
- July 30: Stitches n Scraps and Underground Crafter roundup of roundups
- July 31: Deadline to enter the end-of-CAL giveaway (see below for details and to enter).
2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along Prizes
Crochet alongs are way more fun with prizes, don’t you think? We’ve teamed up with four great companies to get some wonderful prizes. With each CAL project that you complete, you’ll have a chance to win one of the prizes.
One winner will receive a copy of Baby & Kids Crochet Style: 30 Patterns for Stunning Heirloom Keepsakes, Adorable Nursery Decor and Boutique-Quality Accessories by Jennifer Dougherty, courtesy of Page Street Publishing. Show your support by following Page Street Publishing on Facebook | Instagram.
One winner will receive a set of two storage boxes, perfect for carrying your notions, from Global Backyard Industries. Show your support by following Global Backyard Industries on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest.
Enter the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along end-of-CAL Giveaways
Share your completed projects below by clicking the blue “Add your link” button by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 for your chance to win!
- To enter the end-of-CAL giveaway for your chance to win one of the prizes listed above, share share a picture of your completed Christmas in July CAL projects using the link up below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
- You may share one picture of each project you complete using a 2018 Christmas in July CAL pattern. Each completed project will count as one entry in the giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the Ravelry project page, Instagram photo, or blog post, not to your main blog or profile. (If you’re new to InLinkz linkups, you can find a tutorial here.)
- Four giveaway winners will be chosen from these entries at random. Each will win one of the end-of-CAL giveaway prizes.
Don’t forget to join the fun in the Scrappy Stitchers and Underground Crafters Facebook groups or this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group, too! You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaways.