Welcome to the second weekly roundup of the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along! I’m sharing 24 free crochet patterns to make great gifts for the home, along with a spotlight on one of our end-of-CAL giveaway sponsors, so read on for details. This roundup includes pillows, towels and washcloths, blankets and throws, ornaments and decorations, table runners, coasters and hot pads, wreaths, and more.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
If you’re just learning about the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along, you can find all the details here, including the schedule, links to patterns as they go live, and instructions for entering the end-of-CAL giveaway.
This week, we’re highlighting Global Backyard Industries. I had the pleasure of meeting Gina, the owner, back in January. She is providing the Storage Box Set, which includes two latched cases that are perfect for storing notions, to one lucky winner. Check out the GBI site for more crochet goodies, including yarn and these adorable amigurumi kits. Don’t forget to share your finished CAL projects here by 11:59 p.m. on July 31, 2018 to enter the end-of-CAL giveaway!
24 Free Crochet Patterns For the Home
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- My Favorite Pillow by Sincerely, Pam: This color blocked pillow with decorative fringe would be a great gift to a home with contemporary or vintage decor.
- Mermaid Towel and Washcloth Set by Moogly: This colorful set can be gifted together or separately.
- Sparkles the Snowman Pillow by Pattern Paradise: This adorable decorative pillow can hold a gift card, candy cane, or other small gift in his hands.
- Southern Candy Bricks Blanket by ELK Studio: This 7-color throw will brighten up any room.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- The Wripple Blanket by Underground Crafter: This w-shaped ripple blanket pattern can easily be up- or down-sized to make the perfect gift.
- Peppermint Candies Wreath by Divine Debris: This wreath includes 2 sizes of peppermints and can be kept up all winter.
- Malia Christmas Stocking by Little Monkeys Crochet: This textured, unisex stocking pattern includes a video tutorial for the stitch pattern.
- Small Foldable Christmas Tree by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts: This table-top tree makes a great decoration or host(ess) gift. This pattern includes helpful assembly photos.
- Modular Mitered Pillow by Stitches n Scraps: This squares on this pillow can be adjusted to create a look to fit almost any home decor. The pattern includes a video tutorial.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Rainbow Shells Pillow by Psychedelic Doilies: This 6-color pillow could also be made in ombré colors.
- No Coals Please Christmas Stocking by Crochet Memories: This striped stocking includes a decorative edge.
- Blue Jean Rhapsody Cast Iron Handle Cover and Hot Pad Set by Kirsten Holloway Designs: Gift these cast iron handle covers and hot pads together or as two separate gifts.
- Bohemia Valley Table Runner by Creative Crochet Workshop: This pattern is part of the Scraps of Yarn series of stash-busting patterns.
Fourth column, from top to bottom:
- Buffalo Plaid Baby Blanket by Stitching Together: This simple, textured blanket could also be used as a comfy throw.
- Gingerbread Man Hot Pad by A Crocheted Simplicity: This granny stitch motif includes abbreviations and a stitch symbol chart to help with color placement.
- Snowflake Cross Stitch Ornament by Fiber Flux: This pattern combines crochet with cross stitch (and a little glue) to make a cute decoration. The pattern includes a video tutorial.
- Trio of Circle Potholders by Underground Crafter: These 3 potholders can also be made into blanket motifs. Gift them as a set or individually.
Last column, from top to bottom:
- Snowball Wreath by Repeat Crafter Me: This wreath includes a snowman and the pattern includes helpful assembly photos.
- Skein of Yarn Coaster by Posh Pooch Designs: These coasters make a great gift for your favorite crocheter or knitter. The pattern includes a video tutorial. You can pair them with the Skein of Yarn Pillow.
- Crystal Mandala by Celtic Knot Crochet: This beaded project would be an ideal gift for anyone with a screened in porch.
- Romantic Lattice Throw by Kim Guzman: This lacy throw makes a beautiful gift.