The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along is the annual year-end crochet along hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups. We’ve brought together fifteen of the top crochet designers out there to bring you free crochet patterns for winter holiday gifts and decorations. Join us to make great gifts, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for this crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2018 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL,
- 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL Schedule and Yarn List,
- 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
Every Monday from September 3 through December 10, 2018, we’ll share a free crochet pattern that’s perfect for a winter holiday gift or decoration. You can make these projects to keep or to gift while chatting with other crocheters in our groups. LoveCrochet generously provided yarn support to all participating designers, so all of our patterns are made using up to 3 skeins of Paintbox Yarns.
Now in its fourth year, the Holiday Stashdown CAL is hosted by the CAL Central groups on Facebook and Ravelry. And, because crochet alongs are more fun with prizes, we’ve reached out to some of our favorite brands to get some amazing end-of-CAL giveaway prizes. Don’t forget to share a picture of each of your completed projects in this post (scroll to the end to enter) by 11:59 p.m. on January 7, 2019 to enter for your chance to win!
How To Join the 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet, #HolidayStashdown, and #lovecrochet on all social media. You can also tag the pattern designer and @lovecrochetcom on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Facebook group or the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 15 wonderful projects to gift or keep.
- Use one of these buttons below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL Schedule and Yarn List
The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along has always been a mystery CAL where projects are kept secret until the date of release. This year, we decided to change things up by providing a yarn list ahead of time. Each pattern uses up to 3 skeins of Paintbox Yarns from LoveCrochet. Exact colors and yarns are listed next to each designer’s date, but you’ll still be surprised when the pattern is released. This will give you time to order yarn before the CAL starts, or, if you’re working from stash, to find a substitute. This list will be updated during the CAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- July 28: Announcement and End-of-CAL Giveaway Information (you are here)
- Gather materials
- September 3: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Granite Grey 206, Neon Green 259, and Slate Grey 205)
- September 10: Pattern 2 by Kirsten Holloway Designs in Paintbox Simply DK (3 skeins in Champagne White 302)
- September 17: Pattern 3 by Hooked for Life in Paintbox Wool Mix Aran (3 skeins in Pansy Purple 847)
- September 24: Pattern 4 by Oombawka Design in Paintbox Simply DK (1 skein each in Misty Grey 103, Dark Aubergine 148, and Lipstick Pink 151)
- October 1: Pattern 5 by Sweet Potato Crochet Creations in Paintbox Simply DK (2 skeins in Racing Green 127 and 1 skein in Granite Gray 106)
- October 8: Pattern 6 by The Purple Poncho in Paintbox Simply Chunky (1 skein each in Pansy Purple 347, Stormy Grey 304, and Slate Grey 305)
- October 15: Pattern 7 by Jessie At Home in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Pale Lilac 245, Dusty Lilac 246, and Pansy Purple 247)
- October 22: Pattern 8 by Divine Debris in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Dolphin Blue 236, Sailor Blue 239, and Paper White 200)
- October 29: Pattern 9 by Left in Knots in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Granite Grey 206, Slate Grey 205, and Stormy Grey 204)
- November 5: Pattern 10 by Stitches n Scraps in Paintbox Cotton DK (1 skein each in Red White 416 and Slate Green 427)
- November 12: Pattern 11 by KatiDCreations in Paintbox Simply DK (1 skein each in Seville Orange 118, Coffee Bean 110, and Washed Teal 132)
- November 19: Pattern 12 by The Stitchin’ Mommy in Paintbox Simply Chunky (1 skein each in Mustard Yellow 323, Washed Teal 332, and Stormy Grey 304)
- November 26: Pattern 13 by Blackstone Designs in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Vanilla Cream 207, Raspberry Pink 243, and Paper White 200)
- December 3: Pattern 14 by Goddess Crochet in Paintbox Simply Chunky (3 skeins in Kingfisher Blue 334)
- December 10: Pattern 15 by Linda Dean Crochet in Paintbox Simply DK (1 skein each in Tea Rose 142 and Slate Grey 105)
- Show your support by following Linda on Craftsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Crochet at your own pace
- January 7, 2019: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
Everybody knows that CAL Central gathers up the best crochet along prizes from around the web. This year will be no different! This post will be updated in September to include a full list of prizes.
Share your completed project pictures below by clicking the blue “Add your link” by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, January 7, 2019 to enter for your chance to win!
- To enter the end-of-CAL giveaway for your chance to win one of the prizes listed above, share share a picture of your completed Holiday Stashdown CAL projects using the link up below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, January 7, 2019.
- You may share one picture of each project you complete using a Holiday Stashdown CAL 2018 pattern. Each completed project will count as one entry in the giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the Ravelry project page, Instagram photo, or blog post, not to your main blog or profile. (If you’re new to InLinkz linkups, you can find a tutorial here.)
- Giveaway winners will be chosen from these entries at random. Each will win one of the end-of-CAL giveaway prizes.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too! You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaways.
This post will be updated in September to include the giveaway entry form.