The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along is the annual year-end crochet along hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups. We’ve brought together fifteen of the top crochet designers out there to bring you free crochet patterns for winter holiday gifts and decorations. Sixteen of our favorite companies are providing prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway. Join us to make great gifts, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for this crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2018 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL,
- 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL Schedule and Yarn List,
- 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
Every Monday from September 3 through December 10, 2018, we’ll share a free crochet pattern that’s perfect for a winter holiday gift or decoration. You can make these projects to keep or to gift while chatting with other crocheters in our groups. LoveCrochet generously provided yarn support to all participating designers, so all of our patterns are made using up to 3 skeins of Paintbox Yarns.
Now in its fourth year, the Holiday Stashdown CAL is hosted by the CAL Central groups on Facebook and Ravelry. And, because crochet alongs are more fun with prizes, we’ve reached out to some of our favorite brands to get some amazing end-of-CAL giveaway prizes. Don’t forget to share a picture of each of your completed projects in this post (scroll to the end to enter) by 11:59 p.m. on January 7, 2019 to enter for your chance to win!
How To Join the 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet, #HolidayStashdown, and #lovecrochet on all social media. You can also tag the pattern designer and @lovecrochetcom on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Facebook group or the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 15 wonderful projects to gift or keep.
- Use one of these buttons below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL Schedule and Yarn List
The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along has always been a mystery CAL where projects are kept secret until the date of release. This year, we decided to change things up by providing a yarn list ahead of time. Each pattern uses up to 3 skeins of Paintbox Yarns from LoveCrochet. Exact colors and yarns are listed next to each designer’s date, but you’ll still be surprised when the pattern is released. This will give you time to order yarn before the CAL starts, or, if you’re working from stash, to find a substitute. This list will be updated during the CAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- July 28: Announcement and End-of-CAL Giveaway Information (you are here)
- Gather materials
- September 3: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Granite Grey 206, Neon Green 259, and Slate Grey 205): Pop of Color Waves Slouchy Hat in 7 sizes
- September 10: Pattern 2 by Kirsten Holloway Designs in Paintbox Simply DK (3 skeins in Champagne White 302): Snowberries Luxurious Winter Scarf
- September 17: Pattern 3 by Hooked for Life in Paintbox Wool Mix Aran (2 skeins in Pansy Purple 847): Foldover Cowl
- September 24: Pattern 4 by Oombawka Design in Paintbox Simply DK (1 skein each in Misty Grey 103, Dark Aubergine 148, and Lipstick Pink 151): Anahata Hat
- October 1: Pattern 5 by Sweet Potato Crochet Creations in Paintbox Simply DK (2 skeins in Racing Green 127 and 1 skein in Granite Gray 106): Asper Beanie
- October 8: Pattern 6 by The Purple Poncho in Paintbox Simply Chunky (1 skein each in Pansy Purple 347, Stormy Grey 304, and Slate Grey 305): Laguna Cowl
- October 15: Pattern 7 by Jessie At Home in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Pale Lilac 245, Dusty Lilac 246, and Pansy Purple 247)
- October 22: Pattern 8 by Divine Debris in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Dolphin Blue 236, Sailor Blue 239, and Paper White 200)
- October 29: Pattern 9 by Left in Knots in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Granite Grey 206, Slate Grey 205, and Stormy Grey 204)
- November 5: Pattern 10 by Stitches n Scraps in Paintbox Cotton DK (1 skein each in Red 416, Slate Green 245, and Vanilla Cream 408)
- November 12: Pattern 11 by KatiDCreations in Paintbox Simply DK (1 skein each in Melon Sorbet 116, Coffee Bean 110, and Washed Teal 132)
- November 19: Pattern 12 by The Stitchin’ Mommy in Paintbox Simply Chunky (1 skein each in Mustard Yellow 323, Washed Teal 332, and Stormy Grey 304)
- November 26: Pattern 13 by Blackstone Designs in Paintbox Simply Aran (1 skein each in Vanilla Cream 207, Raspberry Pink 243, and Paper White 200)
- December 3: Pattern 14 by Goddess Crochet in Paintbox Simply Chunky (3 skeins in Kingfisher Blue 334)
- December 10: Pattern 15 by Linda Dean Crochet in Paintbox Simply DK (1 skein each in Tea Rose 142 and Slate Grey 105)
- Show your support by following Linda on Craftsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Crochet at your own pace
- January 7, 2019: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
Everybody knows that CAL Central gathers up the best crochet along prizes from around the web. This year will be no different! Some of our favorite companies are providing sixteen prizes for sixteen different winners! Read on for more details about the prizes and how to enter for your chance to win.
- One winner will receive 60 (!) shades of Paintbox Yarns from LoveCrochet. Show your support by following Paintbox Yarns on LoveCrochet.com | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube.
- One winner will receive a large, personalized crochet project bag from Kelly Connor Designs. Show your support by following Kelly Connor Designs on Etsy | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter.
- One winner will receive a customized set of sew-in twill labels for their handmade projects from Mountain Street Arts. Show your support by following Pam on her Website | Etsy | Twitter.
- One winner will receive a choice of crochet hook with polymer clay covered handle from Polymer Clay Shed. You can see samples of Carola’s crochet hook handles below. Show your support by following Carola on Etsy | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter.
- One winner will receive a selection of new crochet books from Search Press North America. One of my recent favorite titles is 200 Stitch Patterns for Baby Blankets by Jan Eaton. You can read my review here. Show your support by following Search Press on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter.
- One winner will receive a 4-ounce set of Unicorn products, including Power Scour, Fibre Wash, and Fibre Rinse with a unicorn plush and gift box. (You can read about how I rescued a scarf with tomato sauce stains on it using Unicorn Baby here.) Show your support by following Unicorn on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter.
- One winner will receive an Amour Hook Gift Set and a Pom Pom Maker Bundle from Clover USA. Show your support by following Clover USA on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube.
- One winner will receive a 1-year membership to I Like Crochet’s all access Gold Club. This includes access to the Magazine Club, with 6 brand new bi-monthly issues and access to a library of 600+ patterns and tutorials; the Collections Club with 11 pattern collections with 7 patterns each; Crochet Along community events; and more. Show your support by following I Like Crochet on their Website | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter.
- One winner will receive a choice of any two skeins of in-stock, hand dyed yarn from Handmade Home Fibers. You can see an example of the type of beautiful yarn Ashleigh dyes below. Show your support by following Ashleigh on her Website | Etsy | Instagram.
- One winner will receive three hand-turned crochet hooks in sizes H, I, and J made from three species of natural, exotic wood from HenPeckedHooks. You can see an example of Bridgette’s hooks below. Show your support by following Bridgette on Etsy | Facebook.
- One winner will receive an LED Bluetooth Speaker Lamp from Ottlite. Show your support by following OttLite on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter.
- One winner will receive a crochet love enamel pin set from You Silly Duffer. Show your support by following Jodie on her Website | Etsy | Instagram.
- One winner will receive a set of teapot enamel locking stitch markers from Ida Herter. Show your support by following Ida on Etsy | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter.
- One winner will receive a digital copy their choice of 3 patterns from the forthcoming Autumn Glory Collection from Annie’s Signature Designs. This collection features more than 25 beautiful crochet patterns. You can see a sampling in the picture below. Show your support by following Annie’s on their Website | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube.
- One winner will receive a choice of a handmade crochet hook case from Epidendrom Designs. You can see an example of Lydia’s crochet hook cases below. Show your support by following Lydia on Etsy.
- One winner will receive a bundle of crochet books including Shrugs & Boleros, Shawls & Vests, and The Prayer Shawl Ministry Volume 1 and Volume 2 from Leisure Arts. Show your support by following Leisure Arts on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube.
Enter the 2018 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the 2018 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by CAL Central and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- To enter the end-of-CAL giveaway for one of the prizes described above, share one picture of each project you completed using a 2018 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Alon pattern by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, January 7, 2019. Each completed project will count as one entry into the giveaway.
- If you do not wish to share a project picture, you may also enter by mailing a letter with your name, the name of the CAL, and your email address (so we can contact you if you win) to Underground Crafter, Planetarium Station, P.O. Box 340, New York, NY 10024 USA. The letter must be received by Monday, January 7, 2019 to be eligible to win this end-of-CAL giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the project on your blog/Ravelry/Instagram and not to your main page. If you are new to InLinkz Link Ups, you can find a tutorial here.
- Sixteen winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have two weeks to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within two weeks, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too! You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaways.