I’m thrilled to announce the kick off of my fourth annual Hispanic Heritage Month interview series with crocheters and knitters! You can read more about my inspiration for starting the series in 2012 here, or check out my roundups of the 2012 series here, the 2013 series here , and the 2014 series here with links to all the interviews.
This post contains affiliate links.
Hispanic Heritage Month runs from September 15 through October 15 each year, and this year I’ll be interviewing seven crochet designers and one knitting designer. Each interview will include a roundup of my favorite patterns from each designer’s collection.
This year’s interview schedule is listed below. This post will be updated with links throughout the month, or you can find the latest post in the series at http://undergroundcrafter.com/blog/tag/hispanic-heritage-month-2015/.
- Saturday, September 19: Sonia Gallo from El Gallo Bermejo (Spain)
- Sunday, September 20: Miren Torrealday from Ardilanak (Spain)
- Saturday, September 26: Alyssandra Hayden from Just Be Happy Crochet (US)
- Sunday, September 27: Olivia Silva from Pitusas y Petetes (Spain)
- Saturday, October 3: María Isabel from Chabe Patterns (Mexico)
- Sunday, October 4: Ana Silva from Children Pictures Creations (US)
- Saturday, October 10: Juan Lopez from Los Hice Yo (Spain)
- Sunday, October 11: Silvia Insaurralde from Curupisa (Argentina)
Most of the interviews were conducted in English some were translated from Spanish. In some cases, I will make minor edits to grammar and style to make the interviews flow better in American English.
I’m looking forward to this year’s series! If you have a favorite Spanish, Latina-American, or Latina/o crochet or knitting designer, maker, or yarnie you’d like to see interviewed in next year’s series, let me know in the comments.