I’m excited to announce that we’ll be continuing the Holiday Stashdown CAL for 2016! I’ve teamed up with 19 other crochet designers to share 24 free crochet patterns for holiday gift and decoration projects with you. Each pattern will be a one-skein project, or a stashbuster/scrappy project, so you can work from your own existing yarn stash to make a great holiday gift. (If you’d like to go ahead and buy some yarn just for the project, that’s ok, too! We love yarn as much as you do!)
How the Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016 works
From January through August, we’ll share a new free crochet pattern on the second Monday of each month. In September, we’ll launch into full holiday crafting mode, and new patterns will be shared every Monday through December 19, 2016.
How to join the Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016
- You can join in by crocheting each of the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #HolidayStashdownCAL2016 on all social media.
- Chat with other crocheters in our Facebook and Ravelry groups.
- By the end of the crochet-a-long, you’ll have 24 great gifts for the holiday season.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016 schedule
Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers so you can get first notification of new patterns!
- January 11: Sheri Ann Weber of The Country Willow
- February 8: Lisa Jelle of Kaleidoscope Art&Gifts
- March 14: Marie Segares of Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- April 11: Creative Threads by Leah Mermaid Dreams Boot Cuffs pattern is no longer available
- May 9: Pia Thadani of Stitches ‘N’ Scraps
- June 13: Cylinda Mathews of Crochet Memories
- July 11: Crystal Bucholz of Crystalized Designs
- August 8: Carolyn Calderon of The Purple Poncho
- September 5: Marie Segares of Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- September 12: Mistie Bush of American Crochet Fall Thicket Coaster pattern is no longer available
- September 19: Carol Rupprecht of Sweet Potato Crochet Creations
- September 26: Alexandra Richards of Eye Love Knots
- October 3: Kati Donahue of KatiDCreations Chevron Scarf pattern is no longer available
- October 10: RaeLynn Orff of AllieCat’s Hats & Crafts Kringle Bell Ornament pattern is no longer available
- October 17: Leah Feild of Creative Threads by Leah Stronger Together Earwarmer pattern is no longer available
- October 24: Carol Rupprecht of Sweet Potato Crochet Creations
- October 31: Rhondda Mol of Oombawka Design Crochet
- November 7: Lisa Jelle of Kaleidoscope Art&Gift
- November 14: Celina Lane of Simply Collectible Crochet
- November 21: Rebeckah Ferger of Rebeckah’s Treasures
- November 28: Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs
- December 5: Cylinda Mathews of Crochet Memories
- December 12: Amy Ramnarine of The Stitchin’ Mommy
- December 19: Marie Segares of Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- Crochet at your own pace.
- January 9, 2017: End-of-CAL giveaway entry deadline.
- January 16, 2017: End-of-CAL giveaway winners announced.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016 giveaways!
After doing all of this holiday crafting, you deserve a gift, too, so we’ll be organizing giveaways throughout the CAL. Enter by sharing your completed project photos. More details will be announced as each pattern is released.