If you love the look of granny squares for home decor, today’s Granny Square Month post is for you! In this roundup, I’m featuring 9 free crochet granny square patterns for your home, including ottoman covers, pillow covers, wall hangings, potholders, and a rug.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and are used with permission.
9 Free Crochet Granny Square Patterns for Your Home
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- Hexagon Blues Ottoman by Tammy Hildebrand for Red Heart: This pattern also includes a matching throw to pull your living room look together.
- Modern Granny Square Potholder by Mama in a Stitch: This 9-patch granny square potholder includes a solid back for added cushioning and protection.
- Four Circles Potholder by Underground Crafter: This pattern is a part of a set of 3 potholder patterns featuring circle-in-a-square motifs.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Scrapalicious Pillow by Creative Crochet Workshop: This pillow is part of Joanita’s Scrapalicious series, 4 free crochet patterns you can make from scrap yarn, including 2 pillows, a blanket, and a flower scarf.
- L Square Pillow by Underground Crafter: This simple 2-color granny square pillow pattern also include 5 tips for getting your teen ready to live in a dorm room.
- Granny Square Cabin Rug by Highland Hickory Designs: This plush rug is made with two strands of yarn and the pattern includes helpful progress photos.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Quilt Square Inspired Wall Hanging by The Unraveled Mitten: This pattern links to a tutorial for crocheting the motifs and includes a joining tutorial.
- Acorn Pixel Art Throw Pillow by Eye Love Knots: This pattern coordinates with Alexandra’s Acorn Pixel Art wall hanging.
- Single Solid Granny Square Ottoman Cover by Eye Love Knots: This simple pattern can be made in one color, like Alexandra’s version, or with scrappy stripes.