I’ve been working on a set of free crochet patterns for Christmas and winter pillows for Fairfield, and I’m excited to reveal the first one. The Christmas Tree Pillow is a simple pattern that you can make as a gift or to add some holiday cheer to your own home.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Additional supplies for this project were provided by Red Heart and Clover.
MC and I haven’t had a Christmas tree for the past few years. We live in an apartment with two
bad lively cats, so I decided to improvise with crochet trees. I’ve made ornaments and softies, so this year it was time for a Christmas Tree Pillow!
This project is simple enough for a beginner. The pillow background and the Christmas tree applique are crocheted flat in rows. The star is crocheted in the round.
I included detailed assembly instructions and linked to a seaming tutorial, so don’t be overwhelmed by all the pieces. (Especially since there are only three pieces.)
And, best of all, the shell edging actually forms a button hole so you can button the pillowcase on the back. This means it’s easy to slip the pillowcase off if you need to wash it because of a spill, or if you want to change the pillowcase seasonally.
My free crochet pattern for the L Square Pillow fits the same Crafter’s Choice 12” x 12” Pillow Form, by the way, and that one is easy to customize in team colors. You could wrap both pillowcases together with one pillow for a gift that can be used year round!
Christmas Tree Pillow
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Use simple shapes to create a decorative holiday pillow.
- Fits a 12” (30.5 cm) square pillow form.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 311 White (CA), 368 Paddy Green (CB), 365 Coffee (CC), and 321 Gold (CD), or approximately 315 yd (288 m) in CA, 75 yd (68.5 m) in CB and CC, and 15 yd (13.5 m) in CD in any medium weight yarn.
- US H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn or tapestry needle with eye small enough to sew through buttons.
- 1” (2.5 cm) sew through or shank button.
- Fairfield Crafter’s Choice 12” x 12” Pillow Form.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- 14.5 sc = 4” (10 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Christmas Tree Pillow, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Christmas Tree Pillow to your Ravelry favorites or queue.