This is the sixth in a series of 12 weeks of roundups for the handmade holidays! I’m sharing 32 free patterns and tutorials for projects for the home, including ten crochet patterns, eight fabric and embroidery projects, seven knitting patterns, and seven projects made with other crafts including dyeing, melt-and-pour soapmaking, painting, and more! This roundup includes home decor projects that are for decorating for the winter holidays along with some year round projects that make great gifts.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
32 Handmade Patterns and Tutorials To Make Great Gifts for the Home
Roundup by Underground Crafter
Whether you like to decorate for the holidays or you’re looking for the perfect gift, you’re sure to find a project in this collection. In this roundup you will find a diverse selection of projects for the home including pillows, throws, a dog bed, a table runner, an apron, a bean bag chair, hanging wall art, and more!
8 Fabric and Embroidery Crafts Patterns and Tutorials
These eight free patterns and tutorial include no-sew, low-sew, sewing, and embroidery projects. Shown clockwise from top left.
- Thread Sketching Applique Daisy Pillow by Crafty Lady Abby: This free motion machine embroidery project makes a unique, low-sew pillow.
- Embroidered Christmas Tree Pillow by Sew What Alicia: This project combines embroidery and sewing and includes helpful embroidery stitch tips.
- Sock Snowman by Country Chic Cottage: This no-sew project includes step-by-step progress photos.
- Boho Fleece Twisted Bean Bag Chair by Crafty Lady Abby for Fairfield World: This beginner sewing project makes a great gift for a child’s room.
- Star Wars Themed Dog Bed by Pieces by Polly: This sewing project includes a liner to protect the dog mattress from fur when the cover is being washed.
- Faux Fur Christmas Stockings by Sew What Alicia: This sewing pattern includes a video tutorial.
- Quilted Christmas Table Runner by Fleece Fun: This sewing tutorial includes step-by-step photos.
- Kitchen Refresh Apron by Fairfield World: This sewing project makes a great gift for your favorite home chef or baker.
7 Knitting Patterns
These seven free knitting patterns include a blanket, lavender sachets, kitchen projects, and more.
- Double Andalusian Stitch Dishcloth by Underground Crafter: Learn a new stitch while knitting a dishcloth with this pattern and video tutorial.
- Fox Tea Towel by Imaginacres: This knitting pattern includes instructions for adding a fabric background.
- A White Christmas by Frankie Brown: This knitting pattern makes a three-dimensional Christmas scene in a box.
- Snowman Hooded Blanket by Melody’s Makings: This knitting pattern is available in two children’s sizes.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Mini Christmas Pudding by Marianna’s Lazy Daisy Days: Make a knitting version of your favorite sweet treat!
- Tannenbäumchen Potholder by Knitting and so on: This knitting pattern includes intarsia tips.
- Lavender Sachet Dolls by Dollytime: These little knitting projects include ties so you can replace the lavender.
10 Crochet Patterns
These ten free crochet patterns include pillows, coasters, Christmas stockings, throws, a trophy head, and an advent calendar.
- The Wripple Blanket by Underground Crafter: This w-shaped crochet ripple blanket is perfect for snuggling underneath on a cold night.
- Coasters by Flamingo Toes: These coasters combine inspirational sayings in embroidery with a crochet pattern.
- Macaron Cushion by 5 Little Monsters for Fairfield World: This crochet treat is a great gift for your favorite sweet tooth!
- Zebra by Vanessa Mooncie: This crochet amigurumi faux taxidermy head makes an interesting conversation piece.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Christmas Tree Pillow by Underground Crafter: This simple crochet pillow is a beginner-friendly project.
- Holly Jolly Christmas Pillow by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This crochet accent pillow features two holly berries with room for more!
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Bright Stripe Blanket by Stitch11: This beginner-friendly striped crochet throw is embellished with tassels.
- Snowman Advent Calendar by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts: This crochet advent calendar makes a great gift or a decoration you can use year after year.
- Yuletide Stocking by Pattern Paradise: This textured crochet stocking is available in two sizes.
- Farmhouse Stocking by Sewrella: This feminine and lacy crochet stocking is a twist on the classic design.
7 Other Crafts Tutorials
These seven free crafty tutorials are all beginner-friendly, or include detailed tutorials, or both! Shown clockwise from top left.
- No-Sew Christmas Pillow by Lydi Out Loud: This no-sew Cricut project will add a holiday feel to any pillow form.
- Marbled Goat Milk Soap by Fiber Artsy: This melt-and-pour soap tutorial includes step-by-step photos.
- DIY Blanket Ladder by Tastefully Frugal: This simple DIY woodworking project would make a great gift for a quilter.
- Easy Cork Magnets by Ann’s Entitled Life: This hot glue craft project includes bear and gingerbread printable patterns.
- Hand Felted Soap by Fiber Artsy: Use store bought or handmade soap with this felting tutorial for a great gift.
- Dyed Batting Wall Art by Pattie Wack for Fairfield World: This dyeing project would brighten up any room.
- Burlap Snowman Art by Country Chic Cottage: This painted burlap project includes step-by-step pictures and a printable snowman template.