KAL Corner, the knit along group started by me, Pia from Stitches n Scraps, and Joanita from Creative Crochet Workshop, is back to bring you another fun knit along! We’ve teamed up with some of our favorite designers for the Finishing Touches KAL to share 24 free knitting patterns for the perfect finishing touch! We’re starting the year by focusing on the neck with a neckwear theme.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for this knit along. Read on for more details including:
- How the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck) Works,
- How To Join the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck),
- Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck) Schedule,
- Finishing Touches KAL (Part 1: Neck) End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the Finishing Touches KAL (Part 1: Neck) End-of-KAL Giveaway.
How the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck) Works
I’ve teamed up with KAL Corner, the group founded by me, Pia from Stitches n Scraps, and Joanita from Creative Crochet Workshop, and some of our favorite knitting designers to bring you 24 free knitting patterns for the perfect finishing touch!
Every other Thursday from January 3 through November 21, 2019, we’ll share a free knitting pattern. Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this KAL, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand yarn.
To keep things interesting, every quarter we’ll have a new theme and a new set of giveaway prizes. We’re kicking off the year with perfect finishing touches to wear around your neck, and great prizes from Lion Brand, Louet North America, and Search Press North America!
How To Join the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck)
- Sign up for our newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 24 knitted projects. You’ll also have the chance to win great prizes!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group
- Use the button below on Ravelry or elsewhere social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck) Schedule
Each participating Finishing Touches KAL designer will create a free knitting pattern for the neck using Lion Brand yarn. This post will be updated as each pattern goes live.
- January 3: Announcement and End-of-KAL Giveaway Information (you are here)
- January 3: Pattern 1 by Hooked for Life
- January 17: Pattern 2 by Underground Crafter
- Get the Seeds and Cables Scarf pattern
- Show your support by following Marie on Newsletter | Facebook| Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
- January 31: Pattern 3 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- February 14: Pattern 4 by Stitches by Debbie
- February 28: Pattern 5 by Stitches n Scraps
- March 14: Pattern 6 by Jessie At Home
- Knit at your own pace
- March 25, 2019: Deadline for entering the end-of-KAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
Finishing Touches KAL (Part 1: Neck) End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that I think prizes make everything more fun. This knit along will be no different! Lion Brand, Louet, and Search Press North America are providing wonderful prizes for three lucky winners!
Lion Brand is providing one winner with a choice of colors for 4 skeins of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick or Color Made Easy. Show your support by following Lion Brand on Website | Facebook | Instagram.
Search Press North America is providing one winner with both Head-to-Toe Winter Knits: 100 Quick & Easy Knitting Projects for the Winter Season by Monica Russel and The Encyclopedia of Knitting Techniques by Lesley Stanfield and Melody Griffiths. Show your support by following Search Press North America on Website | Facebook | Instagram.
And, last but not least, Louet North America is providing one winner with a limited edition set of Sonix knitting needles, including US Sizes 2-11. Show your support by following Louet on Website | Facebook | Instagram.Continue reading to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win!
Enter the Finishing Touches KAL (Part 1: Neck) End-of-KAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-KAL giveaway for the 2019 Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck). The knit along is hosted by KAL Corner and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- To enter the end-of-KAL giveaway for one of the prizes described above, share one picture of each project you completed using a 2019 Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck) pattern or tutorial by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, March 25, 2019. Each completed project will count as one entry into the giveaway.
- If you do not wish to share a project picture, you may also enter by mailing a letter with your name, the name of the sew along, and your email address (so we can contact you if you win) to Underground Crafter, Planetarium Station, P.O. Box 340, New York, NY 10024 USA. The letter must be received by Monday, March 25, 2019 to be eligible to win this end-of-SAL giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the project on your blog/Instagram and not to your main profile page. If you are new to InLinkz Link Ups, you can find a tutorial here.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have two weeks to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within two weeks, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in the KAL Corner Facebook group or in this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group! You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaways.
9 thoughts on “Finishing Touches Knit Along with KAL Corner (Part 1: Neck)”