Welcome to the third weekly roundup of the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along! I’m sharing 28 free crochet patterns to make great gifts for the women on your handmade holiday list, along with a spotlight on one of our end-of-CAL giveaway sponsors, so read on for details. These patterns include hats, cowls and scarves, shawls and wraps, tops, slippers, and even an apron!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
If you’re just learning about the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along, you can find all the details here, including the schedule, links to patterns as they go live, and instructions for entering the end-of-CAL giveaway.
This week, we’re spotlighting LoveCrochet, a fabulous online crochet community with a marketplace that yarn, patterns, hooks, tools, and notions. They’re currently in the middle of their Big July sale, with yarn discounts of up to 70% off, so stop by and stock up!
One lucky winner will get the Groves Chambray Rose Denim Project Bag from LoveCrochet. It’s big enough to include most projects and the needed accessories, and it’s made with a washable cotton fabric.
Don’t forget to share your finished CAL projects here by 11:59 p.m. on July 31, 2018 to enter the giveaway!
28 Free Crochet Patterns For the Gifts for Women
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- Delicate Kimono by Maz Kwok Designs: This lacy, kimono top is designed to fit size M-L.
- Amy Cherisse Winter Collection Hat by Country Willow Designs: This is one of three patterns in the Amy Cherisse Winter Collection.
- Beach Pebbles Hat by Oombawka Design Crochet: This textured slouchy hat includes a ribbed band.
- Seaglass Summer Cardi by Moogly: This long layering cardi is one size fits most (up to 68” bust).
- Granny Chevron Wrap by Underground Crafter: This rippled, rectangular shawl features an asymmetrical design that combines stripes and color blocking to make a bold statement.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Renee Hat by J Crochet: This v-stitch hat is crocheted with a self-patterning yarn.
- The Olivine Ruana by Hopeful Honey: This oversized design is available in child and teen/adult sizes and includes a photo tutorial.
- Rustic Lace Scarf by Highland Hickory Designs: This lacy scarf is a one-skein project.
- Easy Lace Scarf by The Unraveled Mitten: This pattern uses a simple stitch pattern and is made with less than one skein of yarn.
- Cranberry Twist Slouch Hat by Kirsten Holloway Designs: This pattern has a matching scarf, available as a free crochet pattern here.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Chunky Double V-Stitch Hat by Underground Crafter: This hat works up quickly from the brim to the crown in a super bulky weight yarn.
- Hailey Heart Cut Out Hat by Lakeside Loops: This pattern is available in child and adult sizes and includes photo and video tutorials.
- Windswept Scarf by Trifles N Treasures: A self-striping yarn makes colorwork easy for this tasseled scarf.
- Malia Classic Cowl by Little Monkeys Crochet: This pattern includes a video tutorial for the stitch pattern.
- Comfy Houndstooth Slippers by Sweet Potato 3: This pattern is available in three women’s sizes.
Fourth column, from top to bottom:
- Earl Grey Wrap by Two of Wands: This striped, triangular shawl is the companion to the free knitting pattern for the Java Wrap.
- Ana Lucia Shawl by Wilmade: This triangular shawl is made with variations on the double crochet.
- Easy Slippers by Crochet Dreamz: These shell stitch slippers are available in 3 women’s sizes.
- Merino Ruffle Scarf by Mama in a Stitch: This ruffled scarf is crocheting in one piece with a ruffled and a flat section.
- Knot Knit Cowl by A Crocheted Simplicity: This simple, reversible cowl is embellished with a button.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Gradually Cowl by ACCROchet for knotions: This ombré cowl pattern includes two versions.
- Snowy Path Cowl by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This textured cowl is crocheted in a super bulky yarn.
- Norwood Park by Stitches n Scraps: This asymmetrical, v-shaped scarf is a beginner-friendly pattern.
- Mermaid Tears Shawl by Salty Pearl Crochet: This trapezoidal wrap is worked from the top down, with each row shorter than the last.
- Vintage Apron by Jessie At Home: This retro pattern makes a great gift for your favorite home cook or baker.
Looking for more gift ideas for women? Get 9 more free crochet patterns in this week’s roundup on Stitches n Scraps, or check out these roundups for more inspiration!