KAL Corner, the knit along group started by me, Pia from Stitches n Scraps, and Joanita from Creative Crochet Workshop, is back for the second part of the Finishing Touches Knit Along! In this part, we’ll be sharing six free knitting patterns by five designers for the perfect finishing touch! We’re focusing on the head this time with a headwear theme.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for this knit along. Read on for more details including:
- How the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head) Works,
- How To Join the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head),
- Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head) Schedule,
- Finishing Touches KAL (Part 2: Head) End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the Finishing Touches KAL (Part 2: Head) End-of-KAL Giveaway.
How the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head) Works
I’ve teamed up with KAL Corner, the group founded by me, Pia from Stitches n Scraps, and Joanita from Creative Crochet Workshop, and some of our favorite knitting designers to bring you 24 free knitting patterns for the perfect finishing touch!
Every other Thursday from January 3 through November 21, 2019, we’ll share a free knitting pattern. Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this KAL, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand yarn.
To keep things interesting, every quarter we’ll have a new theme and a new set of giveaway prizes. This part of the KAL is all about the perfect finishing touches to wear on your head. We also have two great prizes from Lion Brand, Clover USA, and Search Press North America!
How To Join the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head)
- Sign up for our newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 24 knitted projects. You’ll also have the chance to win great prizes!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group
- Use the button below on Ravelry or elsewhere social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head) Schedule
Each participating Finishing Touches KAL designer will create a free knitting pattern for the head using Lion Brand yarn. This post will be updated as each pattern goes live.
- Get all the patterns for the Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 1: Neck) here
- March 28: Pattern 7 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- April 11: Pattern 8 by Underground Crafter
- April 25: Pattern 9 by Stitches n Scraps
- May 9: Pattern 10 by Underground Crafter
- May 23: Pattern 11 by Hooked for Life
- June 6: Pattern 12 by Bunny Totem Knits
- Knit at your own pace
- June 17, 2019: Deadline for entering the end-of-KAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
Finishing Touches KAL (Part 2: Head) End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes
My regular readers know I love prizes, so this knit along has two great ones. We’ve teamed up with Lion Brand, Clover USA, and Search Press North America to bring wonderful prizes to three lucky winners!
Search Press North America is providing one winner with both Knitted Beanies by Susie Johns and Knitted Hats by Monica Russel. Show your support by following Search Press North America on Website | Facebook | Instagram.
Continue reading to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win!
Enter the Finishing Touches KAL (Part 2: Head) End-of-KAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-KAL giveaway for the 2019 Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head). The knit along is hosted by KAL Corner and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- To enter the end-of-KAL giveaway for one of the prizes described above, share one picture of each project you completed using a 2019 Finishing Touches Knit Along (Part 2: Head) pattern or tutorial by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, June 17, 2019. Each completed project will count as one entry into the giveaway.
- If you do not wish to share a project picture, you may also enter by mailing a letter with your name, the name of the knit along, and your email address (so we can contact you if you win) to Underground Crafter, Planetarium Station, P.O. Box 340, New York, NY 10024 USA. The letter must be received by Monday, June 17, 2019 to be eligible to win this end-of-KAL giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the project on your blog/Instagram and not to your main profile page. If you are new to InLinkz Link Ups, you can find a tutorial here.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have two weeks to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within two weeks, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in the KAL Corner Facebook group or in this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group! You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaways.