This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
I’ve used Lion Brand Heartland in several of my (non-square) patterns:
- Triplet Ripple Baby Blanket (with video),
- Layers of Texture Infinity Scarf (with videos),
- Mitered Square Pet Blanket,
- Not Quite a Slouchy Hat (with video),
- Valiant Stripes Scarf,
- It’s a School Night Night Blanket, and
- Children’s Pocket Scarves, Oceanic Chevron Pillow, and Throwback Throw, available digitally in ILikeCrochet magazine.
Heartland is a soft, heathered acrylic yarn that’s made in the United States and comes in a great range of colors inspired by natural landmarks. It’s one of the yarns that several charities I’ve featured in my monthly charity spotlight include on their lists of approved yarns because of its softness combined with easy care instructions.
All images are copyright the respective designer or publisher and are used with permission.
- Crossed Square by Jessie At Home, a 12” square in 3 colors
- Contours Square by Stitches ‘n’ Scraps, a 12” square in 3 colors
- Whirlwind Afghan Square by M2HDesigns, a 12” square in 5 colors
- Sandy Dunes Binky by Underground Crafter (that’s me!), a baby blanket using 3” squares in 3 colors
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Tuxedo Afghan by Michele Maks, a blanket using 5” squares in 2 colors
- Eye of the Yosemite Square by American Crochet, a 6” square in 3 colors
- Intensive Love Blanket by Underground Crafter (that’s me!), a preemie blanket using 5.75” squares in 2 colors
- Hot Spot Square (Annetta Square #2) by M2HDesigns, a 3.75” square in 2 colors
- The Brave Bundle by Dye Lot 23, a baby blanket using 3 squares in 3 colors
- Happy Granny Afghan by Teresa Chorzepa, a throw using 4.5” squares in 10 colors
- Panels and Squares Afghan by Teresa Chorzepa, a throw using squares in 9 colors
- Geometric Afghan by Lion Brand, a throw using 8” squares in 6 colors
- Granny Goes in Circles Afghan by Teresa Chorzepa, a throw using 5.75” squares in 6 colors
- Log Cabin Arrow Afghan by Teresa Chorzepa, a blanket using squares in 11 colors
- Artfully Askew Afghan by Lion Brand, a throw using 9” squares in 8 colors