The Bouncy Bouclé Bunny is a crocheted patchwork amigurumi project. This cuddly rabbit is made with a plush bouclé yarn that adds a soft, downy texture. It makes a great gift for a little one.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Additional supplies for this project were provided by Clover USA and Lion Brand.
One of my favorite things about being a crochet designer is getting to try out new-to-me yarns. Lion Brand Baby Soft Bouclé is a relatively new yarn that I wanted to try out. The colors are so cute that it was hard to pick just one for this project, so I decided to make my amigurumi bunny in a patchwork style with three different colors. I love the downy texture the bouclé yarn creates, but beginner crocheters or those new to amigurumi may find it easier to use an untextured yarn, like Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, for this project.
When I create patterns for the Fairfield website, I usually make seasonal projects. (If you like to start your winter holiday crafting early, you may enjoy the series of free crochet patterns I did for Fairfield last year: Norman Buttons the Snowman Pillow, Sleepy Santa Pillow, and Christmas Tree Pillow.) These cute pastels in Lion Brand Baby Soft Bouclé seemed to be saying “Easter Bunny” to me. Of course, the Bouncy Bouclé Bunny is a great cuddle buddy all year round!
There is a good amount of seaming involved in this project, since it’s crocheted in nine pieces. But it comes together very quickly once you have all the pieces assembled, and the pattern includes specific directions about which pieces to attached when.
I used Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Polyester Packing Fiber Fill to stuff this little guy (or gal?), instead of standard Poly-Fil. It’s an untreated fiber filling so it is a little bit coarser, which means you don’t get those little wisps of fiber filling poking around. This is super helpful because the bouclé yarn has its own little puffs of fiber, so you don’t need any extra to deal with.
I also think that Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Polyester Packing Fiber Fill is a little easier to use for those who are new to making amigurumi and stuffed projects.
Bouncy Bouclé Bunny
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This crocheted patchwork bunny is made with a plush, bouclé yarn that is soft to the touch.
- Approximately 15” (38 cm) tall from top of head to bottom of toes x 12” (30.5 cm) across arms when laid flat after stuffing.
- Lion Brand Baby Soft Bouclé yarn (3.5 oz/100 g/120 yds/109 m/100% polyester) – 1 skein each in 144 Lavender (CA), 150 Clouds (CB), and 173 Sprout (CC), or approximately 75 yd (68.5 m) in CA, 100 yd (91.5 m) in CB, and 120 yd (109 m) in CC in any bulky weight, bouclé yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Polyester Packing Fiber Fill – 10 ounce bag.
- Clover Chibi Tapestry Needle Set.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- 16 mm Round Comic Safety Eyes – 1 pair.
- 13 mm Pink Heart Craft Nose – 1 pair.
- Through Rnd 7 in pattern for Head = 3.5” (9 cm) diameter. Exact gauge is not critical for this project but stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Bouncy Bouclé Bunny, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Bouncy Bouclé Bunny to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.