It’s week nine of 12 weeks of roundups including free gift ideas for the handmade holidays! Today’s roundup includes gift ideas for men on your handmade holiday list. I’ve searched the web to bring you 12 free crochet patterns, 9 free knitting patterns, and a free sewing pattern for gifts for men including garments, accessories, and more. I’ve also included links to another roundup with even more projects to choose from, so you’re sure to find your next handmade holiday project. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
Sometimes, it can be challenging to create unique and special handmade gifts for some of the men in our lives. Whether it’s because they prefer “unfussy” textures, or are looking for more technological gifts, you’re sure to find an option from this collection for a special guy on your handmade holiday gift list!
12 Free Crochet Patterns
These patterns include scarves, hats, a pullover sweater, slippers, and a blanket.
Top row, from left to right:
- Becoming Scarf by Underground Crafter: This striped, mock ripple pattern is simple and doesn’t have any decreases.
- Houndstooth Beanie by The Blue Elephants: This beanie also includes a stretchy ribbing.
- Men’s Simple Striped Sweater by ChristaCoDesign: This pattern is available in 8 men’s sizes from S through 5XL.
- Men’s Knit-Look Ribbed Scarf by A Crocheted Simplicity: This striped scarf mimics the look of knitting.
Center row, from left to right:
- Riptide Scarf by Meladora’s Creations: This textured scarf pattern includes video tutorials.
- DK Double Crochet Hat by Oombawka Design: This beginner-friendly pattern is available in 11 sizes from preemie through adult large.
- Simply Slippers by Stitches n Scraps: This easy slippers pattern is available in 4 adult sizes.
- The Dude Blanket by Two Brothers Blankets: This striped blanket is perfect for a special dude in your life.
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Uptown Blanket Scarf by YARNutopia: This textured scarf pattern includes a video tutorial.
- Simple Seed Stitch Beanie by Kirsten Holloway Designs: This pattern is available in 4 child and adult sizes.
- Suit Style Men’s Scarf by Stitch in Progress: This striped, fringed scarf is designed to be worn underneath a suit or dress coat.
- Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf by Underground Crafter: This stretchy, knit-look scarf is very cozy.
9 Free Knitting Patterns
These patterns include scarves, hats, a jacket, a cardigan, a pullover sweater, and a tie. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Ribbed Donation Hat by Jessie At Home: This stretchy, striped hat can fit teens and adults.
- The Man Slouch via AllFreeKnitting: This hat can be worn slouchy or not.
- Men’s Cowichan Cardigan via AllFreeKnitting: This pattern is inspired by the iconic sweater from The Big Lebowski.
- Men’s Basket Weave Scarf via AllFreeKnitting: This pattern includes video and photo tutorials.
- Seed Stitch Scarf by ChristaCoDesign: This one skein skinny scarf has great texture.
- Cobblestone Lane by Stitches n Scraps: This striped scarf alternates textures using different stitch patterns.
- Revolution Jacket via AllFreeKnitting: This vintage-inspired jacket has lots of texture and details.
- Cubist Short Row Seamless Men’s Sweater by ABC Knitting Patterns: This pattern is available in 5 sizes from S through 2XL.
- Versatile Tie via AllFreeKnitting: This simple, textured tie adds a great finishing touch to any outfit.
Bonus Sewing Pattern
This leather (or faux leather) laptop sleeve was too good to miss!
- DIY Laptop Sleeve by Life Sew Savory: This pleather (or leather) laptop sleeve includes a lining and a pocket.
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? Check out this roundup for 28 more project ideas for gifts for men!