The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along is the fifth and final crochet along of 2020 hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups. It’s also our sixth annual Holiday Stashdown CAL! We’ve brought together twenty-six of your favorite crochet designers to bring you free crochet patterns for handmade holiday gift ideas, decorations, and wrap. Join us to make wonderful winter holiday projects to enjoy, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win one of fourteen fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for 2020 Holiday Stashdown crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the 2020 Holiday Stashdown CAL,
- 2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Schedule,
- 2020 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2020 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the 2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Works
Every Monday and Thursday from September 21 through December 17, 2020, we’ll share a free crochet pattern by a different designer. Each pattern will be a one-skein project, or a stashbuster/scrappy project, so you can work from your own existing yarn stash to make a great winter holiday gift, decoration, or wrap. If you’d like to go ahead and buy some yarn just for the project, we won’t stop you! We love yarn as much as you do.
We’ve teamed up with thirteen wonderful companies – Babé Crochet, Bags by Awesome Grannie, Clover USA, GlassEyesOnLine, I Like Crochet, JitterBeanMugs, Knitter’s Pride, Kraemer Yarns, Nelsonwood, Search Press North America, Unicorn, Walnut Farm Designs, and WeCrochet – to gather fourteen amazing prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway by scrolling to the bottom of this post by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, 2020!
You can find all patterns from our previous Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along events below.
- 2015 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along – 15 free patterns
- 2016 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along – 24 free patterns
- 2017 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along – 15 free patterns
- 2018 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along – 15 free patterns
- 2019 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along – 21 free patterns
How To Join the 2020 Holiday Stashdown CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet and #HolidayStashdownCAL on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Crochet Facebook group, or visit this thread in the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- If you’d like to get an email with links to the CAL patterns for the week, sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter here.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 26 gifts, decorations, or wrap projects for the winter holidays. Scroll down in this blog post to learn more about the prizes, enter the end-of-CAL giveaway, and to get links to each Holiday Stashdown CAL pattern as it is released.
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Schedule
This list will be updated during the CAL to include a link to each pattern as it is released.
- September 21: 2020 Holiday Stashdown CAL Announcement and End-of-CAL giveaway (you are here)
- September 21: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- September 24: Pattern 2 by ChristaCoDesign
- September 28: Pattern 3 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- October 1: Pattern 4 by Oombawka Design
- October 5: Pattern 5 by Jessie At Home
- October 8: Pattern 6 by Fluffy Stitches Snowman Ornament pattern is no longer available
- October 12: Pattern 7 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- October 15: Pattern 8 by Littlejohn’s Yarn
- October 19: Pattern 9 by Stitches n Scraps
- October 22: Pattern 10 by 3amgracedesigns
- October 26: Pattern 11 by The Loopy Lamb
- October 29: Pattern 12 by 5 Little Monsters
- November 2: Pattern 13 by Creations by Courtney
- November 5: Pattern 14 by Moogly
- November 9: Pattern 15 by Through The Loop Yarn Craft
- November 12: Pattern 16 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- November 16: Pattern 17 by Yarn Craftee
- November 19: Pattern 18 by Heart Hook Home
- November 23: Pattern 19 by Annie Design Crochet
- November 26: Pattern 20 by The Blue Elephants
- November 30: Pattern 21 by Underground Crafter
- Get the Santa Suit Sack Hat pattern
- December 3: Pattern 22 by Fiber Flux
- December 7: Pattern 23 by ACCROchet
- December 10: Pattern 24 by Traverse Bay Crochet
- December 14: Pattern 25 by Crochet for You
- December 17: Pattern 26 by MJ’s Off the Hook Designs
- Crochet at your own pace
- Thursday, December 31, 2020: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter)
2020 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
We love to collaborate with fabulous companies to bring you amazing prizes at the end of each CAL Central Crochet Along. This year, we are partnering with Babé Crochet, Bags by Awesome Grannie, Clover USA, GlassEyesOnLine, I Like Crochet, JitterBeanMugs, Knitter’s Pride, Kraemer Yarns, Nelsonwood, Search Press North America, Unicorn, Walnut Farm Designs, and WeCrochet to bring you fourteen great prizes. Read on for more details about the prizes and how to enter for your chance to win one of these prizes!
Babé Crochet will provide one lucky winner with an Izzy Crochet Hat Template. Your crochet hats will always be the right size from now on! Show your support by visiting Babé Crochet on Etsy and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Bags by Awesome Grannie will provide one lucky winner with any in stock, handmade project bag in size XL (20″ long x 12″ tall x 6.5″ wide), Large (15″ long x 10″ tall x 5″ wide), or Medium (12″ long x 7″ wide x 4″ wide). These bags are indvidually handmade and use heavy YKK Zippers. My current favorite is the Yarnball Sheep bag. Show your support by visiting Bags by Awesome Grannie on Etsy.
Clover USA will provide two prize packages for two lucky winners! The first prize package includes a Pom Pom Maker Set, a Swift Bead, and an Amour ergonomic crochet hook in the winner’s choice of size.
The second prize package includes a Pom Pom Maker Set, an Amour ergonomic crochet hook in the winner’s choice of size, and a Snag Repair Needle. Show your support by visiting Clover USA on its website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
GlassEyesOnLine will provide one lucky winner with a Santa’s Helper Holiday Gift Set which includes small and large insertion tools, 12 pairs of 6mm black plastic safety eyes, and 12 pairs of 10mm black plastic safety eyes in a gift bag to make inserting safety eyes on your amigurumi, softies, and dolls easy. Show your support by visiting GlassEyesOnLine on Etsy or the website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
I Like Crochet will provide one lucky winner with an all-access Gold Club membership for one year, unlocking over 700 fabulous crochet patterns! Show your support by visiting I Like Crochet on the website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
JitterBeanMugs will provide one lucky winner with a custom crochet humor mug for coffee, tea, or any favorite beverage to keep you hydrated while crocheting! Show your support by visiting JitterBeanMugs on Etsy and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Knitter’s Pride will provide one lucky winner with a set of Rainbow Knit Blockers. In spite of the name, these are perfect for blocking crochet projects including shawls, blankets, garments, and more! Show your support by visiting Knitter’s Pride on website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Kraemer Yarns will provide one lucky winner with 4 skeins of Perfection or Tatamy yarn in the winner’s choice of weight and color. Show your support by visiting Kraemer Yarns on the website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Nelsonwood will provide one lucky winner with one of the handcrafted, ergonomic wooden crochet hooks shown below. I’m a huge fan of Nelsonwood hooks. You can read my original review from 2015 here and watch the updated video version here. Show your support by visiting Nelsonwood on Etsy or the website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Search Press North America is putting together a prize package of crochet books valued at $100 for one lucky winner! You can see several of their recent and upcoming new releases below including Robyn Octopus & Friends (a knitting book but still adorable!), Amigurumi Christmas, Fairytale Blankets, and Crocheted Wreaths for the Home. Show your support by following Search Press North America on Facebook and Instagram.
Unicorn is providing one lucky winner with a 4 oz. set of Power Scour, Fibre Wash, and Fibre Rinse with a unicorn plush. Clean your handmade goodies the natural way! Show your support by following Unicorn the website and following on Facebook | Instagram.
Walnut Farm Designs is providing one lucky winner with their choice of handmade stitch markers. How cute is this set? Show your support by visiting Walnut Farm Designs on Etsy or following on Facebook and Instagram.
WeCrochet is providing one lucky winner with the Onyx Winding Station including an Onyx Yarn Swift, a Yarn Ball Winder, and a Black Mango Wood Yarn Bowl. Now you can wind all your hanked yarn in style! Show your support by visiting WeCrochet on the website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Continue on to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win a prize!
Enter the 2020 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the 2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by CAL Central and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, December 31, 2020.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too!