I’m excited to kick off the second annual Giftstravaganza Blog Hop and Crochet Along with this simple Christmas coasters crochet pattern! The Santa Suit Mug Coasters work up quick and add a festive touch to any holiday table. The pattern is forever free on my blog
, but you can grab the coupon code to download it for free for a limited time as part of the Blog Hop, so read on for details!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
I’m so excited to kick off the second annual Giftstravaganza Blog Hop and Crochet Along with this simple Christmas coasters crochet pattern! To join the Giftstravaganza Blog Hop and Crochet Along:
- Sign up for Crochet Along updates and the Underground Crafter newsletter to get regular updates, including an update as each CAL pattern is released. When you sign up, you’ll also get access to my subscriber vault which includes exclusive free PDF patterns, a coupon code for your choice of any crochet or knitting pattern or ebook from my Ravelry shop, and coupon codes from other indie designers and crafts businesses.
- Visit this blog post for links to each pattern as it goes live, and to enter the giveaway by December 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern for your chance to win a great prize.
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #GiftstravaganzaCAL on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crafters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- By the end of the Crochet Along, you’ll have up to 30 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Scroll down for the free pattern for the Santa Suit Mug Coasters. Coasters make great holiday gifts. You can work them up quickly for that last-minute holiday party, pair them with a cute mug, or gift them as stocking stuffers. If you’re looking for more free coaster patterns, try the Holiday Mug Rug, the Easy Tweedy Coasters, or the Cat Nap Coaster for your cat loving friends.
If you’re reading this post before 6 am Eastern time on November 2, 2023, you’re in luck! My pattern is the featured design for November 1. Use coupon code GIFTS to download the PDF pattern for free on Ravelry, or click HERE or on the Giftstravaganza button below to add the pattern with coupon code to your Ravelry cart. Make sure the cart is set to $0.00 before checking out as there will be no refunds for accidental purchases. You can also scroll down for the free blog version of the pattern for the Santa Suit Mug Coasters.
If you make your own Santa Suit Mug Coasters, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter on on Instagram as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Santa Suit Mug Coasters to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.
Santa Suit Mug Coasters
Christmas Coasters Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This simple Christmas coasters crochet pattern works up quickly and adds a festive touch to any holiday table. This is the first pattern in the second annual Giftstravaganza Blog Hop and Crochet Along.
- Approximately 6.25” (16 cm) square.
Materials to Make 1 Coaster
- Loops and Threads Everyday Cotton yarn (100% cotton, 2.5 oz/70.9 g/120 yd/109 m) – 1 skein each in 27002 White (CA), 27011 Tomato (CB), and 27003 Black (CC), or 10 yd (9 m) each in CA and CC and 40 yd (36.5 m) in CB, approximately for all sizes in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- I used the Ctcwsh ergonomic crochet hook set with stitch markers and yarn needles for my version.
- 16 sc = 4” (10 cm) wide. Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- CC – Color C
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- yo – yarn over
- Ch 1 at beginning of Rows does not count as a stitch.
- Each skein of 27011 Tomato (CB) makes 3-4 coasters.
- The video below demonstrates how to change colors and crochet over yarn tails as you work.
- If you can’t see the video above demonstrating how to crochet over yarn tails, click HERE to watch it on Facebook.
- With CA, ch 25.
- Row 1: Turn, skip 1 ch, sc in next 24 ch. (24 stitches)
- Row 2: Turn, ch 1, sc in first stitch and in each stitch across.
- Rows 3-4: Repeat Row 2 twice, changing to CB in last yo of final sc on Row 4. Fasten off CA.
- Rows 5-14: Repeat Row 2, 10 times, changing to CC in last yo of final sc on Row 14. Fasten off CB.
- Rows 15-16: Repeat Row 2 twice, changing to CB in last yo of final sc on Row 4. Fasten off CC.
- Rows 17-26: Repeat Row 2, 10 times.
- With yarn needle, weave in ends.