I’m sharing a collection of 50+ crochet patterns with hearts in today’s roundup! This roundup includes blankets, motifs, and appliques; garments; headbands and hats; pillows, baskets, dishcloths and washcloths, hot pads, and mug rugs; mittens and slippers; softies and toys; and more! You can use these patterns for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or to show love for any other occasion!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
50+ Fabulous and Free Crochet Patterns with Hearts
Hearts are symbols of love and affection and they also add a decorative touch to crochet patterns. In this roundup, I’m sharing more than 50 fabulous and free crochet patterns with hearts for all ages and occasions!
6+ Blanket, Motif, and Applique Patterns
These 6+ free crochet patterns include blankets, granny squares, and appliques with hearts. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Granny Square Heart by Naztazia: This vintage-look granny square pattern includes written instructions and a video tutorial.
- Nadia’s Panda Lovey by Snappy Tots: This adorable panda lovey has a heart applique.
- Granny’s Heart by Hodgepodge Crochet: This granny square pattern is available as a free Ravelry download.
- Valentine’s Day Granny Squares by Raffamusa Designs: This set includes a growing list of Valentine’s Day granny square and applique patterns.
- Heart Eyes Emoji by Golden Lucy Crafts: This pattern is one in a series of heart-shaped emoji.
- You Stole My Heart Blanket by Knitting with Chopsticks: This easy colorwork blanket is beginner-friendly.
- Ombré Heart Blanket by 5 Little Monsters: This blanket is made with popular corner-to-corner (C2C) crochet.
3 Garment Patterns
These three free crochet patterns include a sweater, a crop top, and a vest. Shown from left to right.
- Infatuation by Revel Crochet: This granny stitch sweater with heart is available in 8 sizes.
- Heart Shaped Crop Top by Toyslab Creations: This crop top pattern in 1 size includes a video tutorial.
- Heidi Hearts Vest by Divine Debris: This vest pattern is available in 6 sizes.
8 Headwear Patterns
These eight free crochet patterns include headbands and hats. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Love is Cold Ear Warmer by Moogly: This pattern includes two sizes.
- Valentine Headband by Crochet ‘n’ Create: This simple pattern with a heart applique includes separate instructions with US abbreviations and UK abbreviations.
- My Love Beanie and Slouch by A Crocheted Simplicity: This hat pattern with a textured heart includes two hat band options (Stretchy Hat Band or Simple Hat Band) and two lengths (Beanie or Slouch) in four child and adult sizes.
- Happy Hearts Headband by Posh Pooch Designs: This pattern is available in three sizes and includes a video tutorial.
- Baby Mine Hat by Moogly: This pattern is available in three sizes for kids.
- A Hat with Love by My Hobby is Crochet: This pattern uses stranded colorwork and includes a video tutorial.
- Valentine’s Day Heart Hat by Oombawka Design Crochet: This beanie pattern is available in 3 child and adult sizes.
- Puppy Dog Hat by Krissy’s Over the Mountain Crochet: This cute hat is available in two preemie sizes and a newborn size.
15 Patterns for Home
These 15 free patterns for home include projects for cleaning, decorating, and organizing.
- Lots of Love Heart Pillow by Chain 8 Designs: This textured pillow pattern includes tips for the colorwork.
- Heart Shaped Cloth by Moogly: This heart-shaped washcloth or dishcloth uses the popular granny stitch.
- Valentine Pixel Heart Pillow by Hooked on Patterns: This pillow is made with solid granny squares and includes right-handed and left-handed assembly instructions.
- Valentine Cup Cozy by Handmade by Stacy J: This quick pattern includes a video for the heart motif.
- Heart Basket by Hooked on Patterns: This cute basket has a shell border.
- Conversation Heart Box by Moogly: This felted heart box is great for gifting.
- Heart Nesting Baskets by Blackstone Designs: These nesting baskets use craft wire or chenille sticks to keep their shape.
- Bobble Heart Dishcloth by 5 Little Monsters: This pattern is one of four in the Valetine’s Dishcloth Collection.
- Waffle Heart Washcloth by Raffamusa Designs: This heart-shaped dishcloth uses a combination of traditional and the corner-to-corner variation of the waffle stitch.
- Heart Wheel Doily by Handmade by Raine: This lacy doily uses filet crochet.
- Bedside Pocket by Celtic Knot Crochet: This bedside pocket organizer is decorated with a heart and a star motif.
- I Carry Your Heart Mandala by Look At What I Made: This 3-part crochet along makes a wall hanging with 4 hearts at the center.
- Heart Hot Pad by Celtic Knot Crochet: This layered hot pad is decorated with a heart applique.
- Quick Valentine’s Day Cup Sleeve by Oombawka Design: This pattern is available in 3 different cup sizes.
- Heart Stitch Mug Rug by Krissy’s Over the Mountain Crochet: This is part of the Proverbs series of 6 free patterns using the same stitch pattern.
4 Patterns for Mittens and Slippers
These four free pattern pairs are for mittens and slippers. Shown from left to right.
- Heart & Sole Slippers by My Hobby is Crochet: In addition to the women’s size version, there is a child size version of this pattern.
- Vermont Valentine Mittens by Stitch and Hustle: This Valentine’s Day version of the mittens that Bernie Sanders wore to the 2021 presidential inauguration is a great scrap buster.
- Mittens with Heart by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts: This pattern is available in nine child and adult sizes.
- Helena Heart Mitts by Banana Moon Studio: This pattern for fingerless mitts is available in 7 child and adult sizes.
6 Patterns for Other Accessories
These six free crochet pattern for accessories include scarves, earmuffs, and bags. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Warm Hands Warm Heart by Underground Crafter: This striped pocket scarf is adorned with heart appliques.
- Heartbeat Scarf by Banana Moon Studio: This granny stitch scarf includes a colorful heart on each end using crochet intarsia colorwork.
- Emoji Earmuffs by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts: These earmuffs are crocheted over a headband and include a video tutorial.
- Granny Heart Square Bag by Lisa Auch: This pattern includes a layout for a tote with a flat bottom using the Granny Heart Square.
- Heart Pouch by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts: This simple pouch can be used to hold candy, tissues, or gift cards.
- Valentine Treat Bag by A Crocheted Simplicity: These bags can also be used as accessories for 18” dolls.
9 Crochet Softie and Toy Patterns
These nine free crochet pattern for softies and toys are super soft and cuddly! Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Penguin Pillow Pal by Underground Crafter: This cuddly penguin pillow has a heart applique and works up quickly with super bulky yarn.
- Cupig Amigurumi Pig by Crafty Kitty Crochet: This adorable softie pig has wings and a heart.
- Theo the Valentine Bear by The Blue Elephants: This adorable softie bear has a 3D heart.
- Love Critter by Underground Crafter: This cute softie has a scarf and a heart as adornments.
- Valentine’s Day Snow Globe by Golden Lucy Crafts: This is one in a series of free themed snow globe patterns.
- Valentine the Sloth by Phaxsi Creations: The cute little sloth has bangs and holds a 3D heart.
- Sweetheart Bunny by All About Ami: This adorable bunny softie has a cute dress with a heart motif.
- Valentine Puppy by Coco Crochet Lee: This large, huggable softie is crocheted with blanket yarn. There is a matching Valentine Kitty Pillow, too.
- Cuddly Jamie by Underground Crafter: This huggable, rag doll style cat has a decorative heart applique.
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? If you sew, you may want to check out my Heart Softie pattern!