I’m so (or should I say “sew”) excited to announce the Little Gifts Sew Along! I’ve teamed up with 11 other bloggers to bring you 25 free sewing projects for little gifts. Each project is small enough to be a “stocking stuffer” if you’d like to get a head start on holiday crafting, or you can gift them for birthdays and other events throughout the year. And, because make alongs are more fun with prizes, we’ve teamed up with some of our favorite brands to bring you really great prizes.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for this sew along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along Works,
- How To Join the 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along,
- 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along Schedule,
- 2019 Little Gifts SAL End-of-SAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2019 Little Gifts SAL End-of-SAL Giveaway.
How the 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along Works
Every other Tuesday from January 15 through December 3, 2019, we’ll share a free sewing project for a little gift! These gifts are small enough to be “stocking stuffers” if you’d like to get a head start on holiday crafting, or you can gift them for birthdays and other events throughout the year. Each little gift will be made from 1-4 fat quarters of cotton fabric (or a yard or less of fabric, if you don’t have precut fabric on hand).
And, because sew alongs are more fun with prizes, we’ve reached out to some of our favorite companies to get some amazing end-of-SAL prizes. You can find out more about the prizes and enter for your chance to win in this blog post. Don’t forget to share a picture of each of your completed projects in this post (scroll to the end to enter) by 11:59 p.m. on January 7, 2020 to enter for your chance to win!
Like many quilters and other sewists, I already have a fat quarter stash. If you don’t yet, here are some places where you can get precut fat quarters online:
- In spite of its name, the Fat Quarter Shop sells more than fat quarters, including lots of different sizes of precut fabric, as well as patterns, books, and notions. You find their fat quarter bundles here.
- Fabric.com sells a wide range of fabric by the yard, precuts, and more. You can find their fat quarters here.
- If you like to experiment with new fabrics that are not necessarily cotton, check out Darn Good Yarn’s Fabric of the Month Club, which includes 4 pieces of fabric (at least fat quarter sized) in each shipment. You can find my review of this subscription service here.
How To Join the 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along
- You can join in by sewing the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #sewlittlegifts and #stockingstuffersal on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other sewists, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- By the end of the SAL, you’ll have up to 25 handmade gifts.
- Use the button below on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2019 Little Gifts Sew Along Schedule
Each participating Little Gifts Sew Along designer will create a free sewing pattern or tutorial for a little gift that can be made with with 1-4 fat quarters of cotton fabric (or a yard or less of fabric, if you don’t have precut fabric on hand). This post will be updated as each little gift project goes live.
- January 1: Announcement and End-of-SAL Giveaway Information (you are here)
- January 8: Little Gift 1 by Underground Crafter
- January 15: Little Gift 2 by Try It – Like It – Create It
- January 29: Little Gift 3 by 5 Little Monsters
- February 12: Little Gift 4 by Underground Crafter
- Get the Simple Stamped Napkins project
- February 26: Little Gift 5 by Hooked for Life
- March 12: Little Gift 6 by by Underground Crafter
- Get the Weighted Flaxseed Eye Pillow with Case project
- March 26: Little Gift 7 by 365 Days of Crafts
- April 9: Little Gift 8 by Underground Crafter
- April 23: Little Gift 9 by Jessie At Home
- May 7: Little Gift 10 by Underground Crafter
- May 21: Little Gift 11 by Morena’s Corner
- June 4: Little Gift 12 by Underground Crafter
- June 18: Little Gift 13 by Always Expect Moore
- July 2: Little Gift 14 by Underground Crafter
- July 16: Little Gift 15 by She’s So Creative
- July 30: Little Gift 16 by 5 Little Monsters
- August 13: Little Gift 17 by Underground Crafter
- August 27: Little Gift 18 by Hooked for Life
- September 10: Little Gift 19 by Underground Crafter
- September 24: Little Gift 20 by Adventures of a DIY Mom
- October 8: Little Gift 21 by Underground Crafter
- October 22: Little Gift 22 by Sisters, What!
- November 5: Little Gift 23 by Underground Crafter
- November 19: Little Gift 24 by Swoodson Says
- December 3: Little Gift 25 by Underground Crafter
- Sew at your own pace
- January 7, 2020: Deadline for entering the end-of-SAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
2019 Little Gifts Sew Along End-of-SAL Giveaway Prizes
After sewing up all of these little gifts, you’d probably like something for yourself. And, make alongs are more fun with prizes, don’t you think? Some of my favorite companies agreed, and I was able to put together this end-of-SAL giveaway with fourteen amazing prizes! Read on for more details about the prizes and how to enter for your chance to win.
- Baby Lock is providing one lucky winner with a Zest! The Zest is a portable sewing machine that’s just 13 pounds (just under 6 kilograms). It has 15 built-in stitches and you can use it for a variety of sewing projects on-the-go, or in a small space. Show your support by following Baby Lock on Facebook | Instagram.
- Buttons Galore and More is providing one lucky winner with an assortment of buttons and embellishments. You can see some pictures of their buttons that I saw in January displayed at their booth at Creativation, the craft industry’s annual trade show. Show your support by following Buttons Galore and More on Facebook | Instagram.
- Clover USA is providing one lucky winner with a package including the Ultimate Quilt n Stitch Presser Foot, a Fabric Marking Pen, and Patchwork Pins. You can see the Ultimate Quilt n Stitch Presser Foot in this picture I took at Clover’s Creativation booth. Show your support by following Clover USA on Facebook | Instagram.
- Dritz is providing one lucky winner with a Sewing Box Kit or equivalent prize. Show your support by following Dritz on Facebook | Instagram.
- Fiskars is providing one lucky winner with a prize package of fabulous cutting supplies for sewists. Some of my favorite Fiskars products are the Fiskars 45 mm Easy Change Ergo Control Rotary Cutter, Folding Cutting Mat, Folding Ruler, and RazorEdge Softgrip Fabric Shears. Show your support by following Fiskars on Facebook | Instagram.
- Global Backyard Industries is providing one lucky winner with a set of two stacking storage boxes for sewing and other crafts. Show your support by following Global Backyard Industries on Facebook | Instagram.
- Mountain Street Arts is providing one lucky winner with 30 personalized quilting labels. Show your support by following Mountain Street Arts on Facebook | Twitter.
- Plaid is providing one lucky winner with an assortment of Fabric Creations Soft Fabric Ink, tools, and stencils valued at $50. You can see some of the Plaid goodies in my collection in the Instagram post below. Show your support by following Plaid on Facebook | Instagram.
- Polymer Clay Shed is providing one lucky winner with the winner’s choice of in-stock magnetic needle cases. Show your support by following Polymer Clay Shed on Facebook | Instagram.
- Quilty Box, a subscription box for quilters and sewists, is providing one lucky winner with one Quilty Box. Every month, Quilty Box has a featured artist and includes a 30+ mini magazine with patterns and articles along with the other goodies inside. Show your support by following Quilty Box on Facebook | Instagram.
- Search Press North America is providing one lucky winner with a bundle of sewing books. Some of my current favorites in their collection are Fun with Fat Quarters, Sew Cute Creatures, and A Beginner’s Guide to Machine Sewing. Show your support by following Search Press North America on Facebook | Instagram.
- The Cottage Needle is providing one lucky winner with a $25 digital gift certificate that can be used for anything in the Etsy shop, including fabric, instant download cross stitch charts, or tools. Show your support by following The Cottage Needle on Facebook | Twitter.
- Carolina Moore from Always Expect Moore, one of the designers that is participating in the Little Gifts Sew Along, is providing one lucky winner with a signed copy of her book, Learn How to English Paper Piece: 10 Start-to-Finish English Paper Piecing Projects and the Techniques to Make Them! You can check out my review of the book here. Show your support by following Carolina on Facebook | Instagram.
- Mary Beth Temple from Hooked for Life Publishing, one of the designers that is participating in the Little Gifts Sew Along, is providing one lucky winner with a signed copy of her book, Fabulous Fat Quarter Aprons: Fun and Functional Retro Designs for Today’s Kitchen. Show your support by following Mary Beth on Facebook | YouTube.
Continue reading to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win!
Enter the 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along End-of-SAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-SAL giveaway for the 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along. The sew along and giveaway are hosted and organized by Underground Crafter.
- To enter the end-of-SAL giveaway for one of the prizes described above, share one picture of each project you completed using a 2019 Little Gifts Sew Along pattern or tutorial by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, January 7, 2020. Each completed project will count as one entry into the giveaway.
- If you do not wish to share a project picture, you may also enter by mailing a letter with your name, the name of the sew along, and your email address (so we can contact you if you win) to Underground Crafter, Planetarium Station, P.O. Box 340, New York, NY 10024 USA. The letter must be received by Tuesday, January 7, 2020 to be eligible to win this end-of-SAL giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the project on your blog/Instagram and not to your main profile page. If you are new to InLinkz Link Ups, you can find a tutorial here.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have two weeks to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within two weeks, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in the Underground Crafters Facebook group, too! You can share as many pictures as you like in the group, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaways.