Welcome to the fourth roundup of the Christmas in July Make Along! This week’s theme is the home. I’ve included home decor ideas for the holidays as well as handmade gift ideas for the home. I’ve searched the web to find you 32 handmade gift ideas, including 14 free crochet patterns, 12 free knitting patterns, and 7 free sewing patterns. If you still need more inspiration, I’ve included links to several more roundups with 160 more ideas!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
- If you’re just hearing about the Christmas in July Make Along, you can find out more here. 29 bloggers have teamed up to bring you 31 days of handmade gift ideas and the chance to win one of 17 great prizes!
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- If you’d like regular email reminders during the Make Along, sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter.
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
33 Handmade Gift Ideas for Home
Roundup by Underground Crafter
14 Free Crochet Patterns
These crochet patterns include pillows, bunting and decorations, baskets, a rug, a scrubby, and a blanket.
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Pinewood Pillow by E’Claire Makery: This highly textured pillow makes a perfect plush holiday gift.
- Ho Ho Merlot Bottle Boot by Hooked by Kati: This adorable project is a unique twist on a wine bag.
- Guardian Angel by Oombawka Design: This would make a great tree-topper or home décor gift for friends or family who like to decorate for the holidays.
- Quick Gift Scrubby by City Farmhouse Studio: This durable scrubby is made with two strands of yarn held together.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Boho Ornaments by The Purple Poncho: These fun and festive ornaments can be hung as bunting year round.
- Festive Bunting by Thoresby Cottage: This simple pattern can be easily adjusted for other holidays by cutting different letters from the felt.
- Mossy Oaks Rug by Jessie At Home: This plush, textured rug is crocheted with two strands of yarn held together.
- Herringbone Square Basket Set by Yarn + Chai: This set of modern nesting baskets uses plastic canvas for stability.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Crafty Lemon Pillow by A Crafty Concept: Make these citrus pillows in orange for modern holiday décor. The pattern includes video tutorials.
- Gnome for Christmas C2C Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home: This corner-to-corner blanket is available in several parts as part of a crochet along and includes links to many tutorials for corner-to-corner crochet techniques.
- Little Doughnut Pillow Plush by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This adorable decorative pillow makes a great gift.
- Sleepy Santa Pillow by Underground Crafter: This pillow uses textured yarn for Santa’s beard. It’s part of a coordinating set of decorative pillows including the Christmas Tree Pillow and Norman Buttons the Snowman Pillow.
12 Free Knitting Patterns
These knitting patterns include table settings, a blanket, a pillow, a pouf, a spa gift, and a set of plant cozies. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Stockinette Plant Cozy by Brome Fields: This is one in a series of patterns for potted plant covers including Jute, Herringbone, Lattice, and Garter stitch variations.
- Winter Pillow by Stana’s Critters, Etc. for KnitPicks: This classic yet modern pillow is a great introduction to stranded colorwork.
- Pillow with Aran Triangle via AllFreeKnitting: This textured pillow would make a great gift, or knit it in holiday colors to decorate.
- Utensil Stockings by Craft Bits via AllFreeKnitting: Add some festivity to the holiday table with these cute stockings.
- Taos Lap Blanket by Two of Wands: This Southwestern-inspired blanket makes a wonderful gift.
- Cable Knit Soap Sachet via AllFreeKnitting: These textured soap sachets make a great addition to a spa gift.
- Peppermint Drink Coaster via AllFreeKnitting: The pattern for these festive coasters includes instructions for knitting with a knitting spool loom or double pointed needles.
- Pouf with Pizzazz via AllFreeKnitting: Let your guests put their feet up after the holiday meal on this handmade pouf!
7 Free Sewing Patterns
These sewing patterns include pillows, napkins, and reusable gift wrap. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- A Kids’ Pillow Bed by It’s Always Autumn: This quick project is an easy and affordable alternative to children’s pillow bed/chairs.
- Penguin Mat for Kids by Morena’s Corner for Fairfield World: This fun project includes a video tutorial.
- Color Block Pillow by Hooked for Life: This simple pillow pattern can be made in seasonal colors for modern holiday décor.
- Reusable Gift Wrap by Try It Like It Create It: This is a gift that keeps on giving and is perfect for eco-conscious friends and family members.
- Patchwork Peace on Earth Pillows by 5 Little Monsters: These festive pillows combine patchwork and embroidery.
- Pizza Pillow by Always Expect Moore: This whimsical project makes a great gift for kids, teens, or any pizza-loving adult.
- Stamp and Stitch Christmas Napkins by Ann Butler Designs: These simple, low-sew napkins are easy to customize with different stamps or fabric inks.
Still need more inspiration for handmade gifts for home? Get 160 more ideas from these roundups!
- 30 Free Handmade Winter Holiday Pillow Patterns and Tutorials via Fairfield World
- Hygge Home Crochet Along – 10 Free Crochet Patterns for the Home