Happy New Year! Thank you so much for your support throughout 2022. I’m sending my best wishes to you and your loved ones for a healthy, joyous, and creatively inspired 2023! If you’d like to know what’s coming up on Underground Crafter in 2023, read on for details.
Looking Back on 2022
Here are some highlights from 2022.
- I was able to collaborate with eight fabulous guest contributors to bring patterns and guest posts to you.
- Rustic Candy Corn Cowl by Remington Lane Crochet
- Granny Square Table Runner by Pattern Princess
- Lots of Love Heart Pillow by Chain 8 Designs
- Steve the Shroom by Crafting at the Poole
- Intertwined Basketweave Dishcloth, Little One Cardigan, and Brambles Shawl by two members of the Underground Crafter Design Team
- Moulded Wax Agave by Emma Varnam
- Yorkshire Terrier, Barn Owl, and Black Bear Rug by Vanessa Mooncie
- Afterglow Shawl by Knit Grafitti
- I hosted the third annual blanket crochet along (the Sectional Blanket Mystery CAL), the fourth annual Christmas in July Make Along, and the inaugural Giftstravaganza Blog Hop and CAL, and launched the Weekend Mystery Crochet Alongs (more on this later). I also hosted five multi-designer crochet alongs with CAL Central Crochet. I joined in 11 more blog hops and make alongs hosted by other bloggers and yarn company friends.
- I continued to promote crocheting for charity by highlighting Warm Up America for Sectional Blanket Crochet Along donations.
Plans for 2023
One of the things most readers love about Underground Crafter is all the make alongs, so I’m going to keep those coming in 2023. Here’s what I have planned so far!
- The fourth annual, year-long mystery blanket crochet along! Get the details on the Mélange Blanket Crochet Along here.
- Five multi-designer crochet alongs with the CAL Central Crochet Facebook group, starting with the Cozy at Home CAL that kicks off on Monday, January 9, 2023.
- Relaunching the Weekend Mystery Crochet Alongs in January. I injured my elbow in 2022, and crocheting was painful and slow for months. I had to cut back on my CALs but I will be revving them back up now that I’ve completed my physical therapy.
- Going back to the monthly format of the charity spotlight series to highlight organizations that accept handmade donations and to share new free crochet patterns designed to meet their donation guidelines. I’ll also be updating older posts since some organizations are no longer accepting donations.
There will be other blog hops and make alongs to come, but those are still a secret for now! As always, the best way to get alerts is to sign up for my weekly newsletter. Once you subscribe, you get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies including free crochet and knitting patterns and coupon codes for discounts from some of my favorite indie designers and companies. And, of course, each week you’ll get my newsletter which includes links to all the patterns and tutorials posted on Underground Crafter as well as to the latest from any make alongs and blog hops.
Again, thank you for your support and best wishes for a wonderful year!